Input on new scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stircrazy

I'm in the market to upgrade. What's the best scanner to get the most frequencies? Uniden? Whistler? Any input on the new SDS 100? I've had the BCD436HP and loved it. But, I travel a lot. I want to hear as many emergency services out there.

Thanks for any input.

randyf

still trying to figure this all out
I'm in the market to upgrade. What's the best scanner to get the most frequencies? Uniden? Whistler? Any input on the new SDS 100? I've had the BCD436HP and loved it. But, I travel a lot. I want to hear as many emergency services out there.

Thanks for any input.
BCD 436HP is still a great scanner. Not sure if the SDS100 can scan a wider range?
If it's still working good, I would wait for a bit at least. A new radio system gets installed in three years.

gary123

We use the 536 for mobile use. The SDS are still suffering form some early design issues . Until then, the 536/436 would be the way to go. With all 3 updates they scan just about everything out there. Even the simulcast issues can be controlled b y the choice of the right antenna for the area.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I must be a lucky one with my SDS100.... it works great for me. It's mounted in my work truck with a mag mount antenna and GPS and I have no real complaints other than it can be a bear to operate sometimes (but I'm not a fan of the Uniden systems/sites/groups stuff to begin with) and its not loud enough.. but again keep in mind I have it in a service vehicle which isn't exactly a luxury sedan.

Bob1955

Thanks for any input.
stircrazy-STAY with the BCD-436HP or buy the mobile version--CD-536HP. Stay AWAY from "Any SDS" scanners.
Have a good weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.