install on apartment (not sure about correct) thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delivers1234

So, I have a x-30 antenna for 2m (with ftm-100, ft-2dr ht) and antenna whip.

what are thoughts on placing the x-30 antenna in place of the dish plate (as in mounted to the dish pole)?

where could I put the whip? can I use the same pole? (i don't think i can).

as you can see the dish makes a great mount on the apartment though im not sure how to place the cb whip.

also, the grounding on the dish from the coax cable was to the dish chassis itself. should i make a ground from the x-30 antenna to the ground?

Attachments

• IMG_3732.jpg
    IMG_3732.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_3731.jpg
    IMG_3731.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_3730.jpg
    IMG_3730.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 302

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's a bad idea if you plan on keeping the dish antenna on the mount. You'd have to improvise an extension to the dish mount to get the ground plane radials of the x-30 above the dish,otherwise the dish will interfere with the x-30.

If you don't need the dish antenna, then I'd saw the dish mount off where it starts to curve sideways so you just have a straight vertical pipe to mount the x-30.

Rred

Forgive the question but does your condo association, HOA, or landlord *allow* you to put up antennas? The Dish antenna is a separate matter, under federal law.

Delivers1234

The landord i think understands that the tenants have a right to put dishes up. this last dish was left there.

i will take off the "dish" and just use the pipe. where might i put the cb whip though? how far apart should horziontally should they be?

insanity213

I pulled the exact same dish off the mount, keeping the coupling that went onto the mast. 2 inch diameter exhaust pipe was a perfect match for the inside diameter of the leftover dish coupling. Added 3 feet of exhaust pipe for some extra height and clamped my X50 onto it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rred

I think you miss the point. Landlords often do not want ANY antennas erected and leases often prohibit them. The DISH or DirectTV antennas are federally regulated and exempted from that prohibition. But the minute you erect any *other* antenna, like a private radio antenna, your landlord is entitled to say "Take that down, or move out."

And these days, that's all too often their attitude. It pays to check before you put up a personal antenna, because you never know if the landlord has had a prior bad experience, like a big CB antenna ripping down some siding during a hurricane or wind storm. Sometimes, they aren't just being cranky. Sometimes, they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.