Intercity

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpincins

I have intercity programmed into two different scanners. One I use for 800mhz and the other for analog. Whenever I hear anyone go over intercity I always pick it up on my analog scanner, but not the 800. I have Police and Fire programmed in on channel 2 and 3 in the north zone. I can not think of any reason why I wouldn't be picking them up on the 800. Any Ideas?

ecps92

Maybe they are not patched from the VHF to the 800 anymore or the patch was taken down for Temp Maint....

Also which Intercity are you asking about..... Fire or Police ??

I have intercity programmed into two different scanners. One I use for 800mhz and the other for analog. Whenever I hear anyone go over intercity I always pick it up on my analog scanner, but not the 800. I have Police and Fire programmed in on channel 2 and 3 in the north zone. I can not think of any reason why I wouldn't be picking them up on the 800. Any Ideas?

dpincins

Maybe someone who is in the reception of RISCON can assist.
What Zone [North, South or Providence] are you using ??
I am using the north zone, which is the only one I can receive from my location. All other talkgroups seem to come in fine besides the intercity/wide area channels.

dpincins

Last evening I went in and used the scanners database, found the intercity channels on the north zone and locked on. I then recorded and let it run through the evening while Johnston was working a hazmat and calling other towns on the channel. This morning I checked the recordings and discovered that it grabbed nothing. Is there anyone that can hear intercity (pd or fire) from the north zone? I can receive all other talk groups in the north zone without issue.

ecps92

Since others have indicated the Intercity channels had been active, are you sure your radio is properly recording them ??

Seems that it is not a "Not hearing them issue" and now is a "Not properly recording"
Last evening I went in and used the scanners database, found the intercity channels on the north zone and locked on. I then recorded and let it run through the evening while Johnston was working a hazmat and calling other towns on the channel. This morning I checked the recordings and discovered that it grabbed nothing. Is there anyone that can hear intercity (pd or fire) from the north zone? I can receive all other talk groups in the north zone without issue.

dpincins

Since others have indicated the Intercity channels had been active, are you sure your radio is properly recording them ??

Seems that it is not a "Not hearing them issue" and now is a "Not properly recording"

Radio was recording properly. It just wouldn't lock onto any of the intercity/mutual aid channels. I wiped everything out, created a new file and uploaded it to the scanner. Seems to be working. Thanks

hummin24

Feed Provider
INTERCITY FD/PD is 100% still broadcast over RISCON. Talkgroups 2/3 I believe. Somethings off on your end.

Nascar18

Premium Subscriber
The RISCON system is very difficult to listen to depending on your location. I receive Providence PD & FD and EP PD better then I can receive Tiverton PD and I live in Fall River.

ecps92

FYI - the OP updated in his comments from "Not able to Receive" to an issue with Recording, since everyone else seems to be able to HEAR them, we know nothing has changed, and he is hearing other Talkgroups

rimedic

Maybe they are not patched from the VHF to the 800 anymore or the patch was taken down for Temp Maint....

Also which Intercity are you asking about..... Fire or Police ??
I receive them on digital with my unication g5. They are hard patched to the analog system.

Status
Not open for further replies.