Interesting DPS Coms

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
I just heard the Dispatcher informing units on CI-2 that it will no longer be the select mode as of today. Units using CI-2 are to ID the channel as well as their unit number when calling coms. They were instructed to use “CI-7 Mobile” full time instead of CI-2 if they have it. Begs the question, what is CI-7? I could not find a frequency or Talk Group with that designation.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I have heard references to CI-7 a few times in the past. I'm thinking it might be talkgroup 1026 (encrypted) on the YRCS, but I have not been able to confirm.

radioguru6613

Interesting item to add to this, here in Tucson I observed CI-3 UHF hitting on the Yuma system on TG-1014, lot's of 1 way traffic, dispatch to unit's that weren't coming across on the trunking channel until a few units started to check in and they were all testing the new radios. A tech also checked in calling himself something like WB-99 (honestly didn't catch the number) but dispatch came back to him and they said how do you copy me on 7-South.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Interesting item to add to this, here in Tucson I observed CI-3 UHF hitting on the Yuma system on TG-1014, lot's of 1 way traffic, dispatch to unit's that weren't coming across on the trunking channel until a few units started to check in and they were all testing the new radios. A tech also checked in calling himself something like WB-99 (honestly didn't catch the number) but dispatch came back to him and they said how do you copy me on 7-South.

I've been listening to the CI-3 stuff on 1014. Wanting to see how much activity there was and to make sure it was CI-3 before I updated the database. I've been listening since about the 10th, off and on, although more on lately.

Do you remember the date and time you heard this dispatcher ID it as 7-South ?

It is now full bore with CI-3 on 1014. I've heard the Zebra-300 units, as wells, as Nora, Ida and David units.

There was also some encryption testing done on this talkgroup, so I would expect that anything of tactical value will be encrypted.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
I did another one of my runs from Nogales to Phoenix back to Tucson this evening. I've been focusing on these talkgroups, while my Baofeng monitors DPS-6 and -8. :)

On the return from Phoenix, I heard a Zebra unit that had been working off of District-8 advise he is switching to CI-South. Unfortunately, I was just out of range for quality reception of Mt Lemmon, so I did not catch him announce himself, if he even did, on TG1014. However, I have plenty of recordings of him on that TG.

Joe, I think you are right that they seem to have adopted a regional ID versus the one-up ID for the talkgroups. I'll adjust the DB accordingly :)

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.