Interesting Florida frequencies website

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorhater

That is a nice website. I used to live in Lee County and worked for the SO and the biggest thing I miss was going to the beach on a regular basis to enjoy the view and the bikinis.

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

Since I'm married, the bikini watching thing is out unless I wear shades, however the sunset at Naples beach is awe inspiring, long live the Gulf coast.

FLRAILMAN

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
Just noticed this guy is using my Lee County scanner feed from Ft. Myers without my permission... :-(

FLRAILMAN

Banned

UH OHHHH, Ralph, I didn't want to get anybody in any trouble with this. Is it like a copyright infringement thing?

FLRAILMAN

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't look like he's trying to make any money from my stream...

Who owns a stream? That's a can of worms. If you stream a song... the song belongs to the artist and you have to pay royalties. If I stream the fire department... does it belong to the FD? Like I say can of worms... ugly fat worms! :)

gatorhater

Ralph,

I tune in on occasion to see how busy they are, and for sentimental reasons. I did list your feed as one of my favorites.
If its a problem just left me know.

CanesFan95

The best thing about that site is the signals and 10-codes. If it wasn't for that, you'd have no chance of understanding a lot of the SO comms in Manatee County. And, if I remember correctly, the owner of that site had a falling out with Lindsay Blanton a long time ago for some reason.

Altpensacola

that is a good site for south Florida
They also have good information on rebanding and which scanners that effects.
Our radio person here has not "got around to" doing it yet, so I still have a few months (?) left on my old Pro95

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
RE Christian runs that site. He has always been a pretty smart guy when it comes disseminating good information to the community, but he is a rather strange guy when it comes to working with the community as a whole.

Also understand that he loads his sites with tons of ads and pop-ups, so he is attempting to generate revenue off of the content, including any live feeds that he embeds.

Also don't forget that the was taking Rick Parrish's Unitrunker and redistributing as his own, prompting Rick to write this letter to him in an open forum:

http://forums.radioreference.com/tr...ing/160801-open-letter-richard-christian.html

Personally, I think RE Christian harms the hobby more than he helps it.

CanesFan95

Well I'll be darned. I saw that posting but didn't realize that was the same RE Christian.

FLRAILMAN

Banned

I don't understand why everybody is so upset about why this Richard Christian guy did what he did. Just trot on down to his hometown of Oneco & it's sister city Tallevast (Only in sun-up) & it will become all too clear as to what you're dealing with, full tank, good tires, fast engine, roadmap, compass, working cellphone & gun, no, several guns.

Oneco, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tallevast, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FLRAILMAN

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.