• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Interesting youtube video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin4Wyo

Wouldn't it just be easier to take this to the Classified section here at RadioReference, rather than subject us to Mortal Kombat music and an overly long video? I'm willing to bet that a fair amount of the posters here on the forums aren't going to sit through five minutes of this.

Portable14

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I wasn't expecting anyone to sit through the full 5 minutes, Just the first 38 seconds to see what it was all about, Plus, I already tried to classified section here on RR (With no luck), So I figured I would be creative about it.

Portable14

Banned
Plus, I enjoyed using my creative skills.......And another thing, if you don't like it, then just don't watch it, Although I'm sure you watched it.

Austin4Wyo

Portable14 said:
Plus, I enjoyed using my creative skills.......And another thing, if you don't like it, then just don't watch it, Although I'm sure you watched it.
Nah, didn't watch all of it, but I meant my original reply as constructive criticism. No worries, man. If ya didn't get the results ya wanted on the Classifieds, why not try something else? You can't do worse than it did here, and I can't say you're hurting anyone. No harm, no foul near as I can tell.

Portable14

Banned
I know, I appreciate the feedback. I just thought it would be an interesting way to publicize my idea, So that's what I did, and if nothing else, it got people to watch the video, and eventually, The right person will see it and I will have some sort of deal.

I'm still looking for that VHF/UHF ham portable if anyone's got one they're willing to trade for the CM300, No results so far, But thanks to all who watched the video.

nova1010

Try doing another explaining what the radio does show the back front sides you know.......without the annoying music :) let people hear the radio function good luck and I bet you'll sell it alot faster.

Portable14

Banned
nova1010 said:
Try doing another explaining what the radio does show the back front sides you know.......without the annoying music :) let people hear the radio function good luck and I bet you'll sell it alot faster.
Last time I powered up that radio (At the shop when I got it) it worked, As of now, I have no way to power it up, But I know it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.