Interface PRO-2067

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2STC

Feed Provider
Hello,

Has anyone had experience interfacing one of these for a feed using channel tags?

Thanks,
Stan N2STC

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I don't think you could do that from the scanner, as it supports only uploads and downloads. So there's no way to send the tags from the scanner to whatever software you want to use for a feed

Mike

N2STC

Feed Provider
Thanks for the reply. I was afraid of that. I wish there was a complete list of scanners that support tags.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually, in this case, I think you need a list of scanners that can be computer controlled. This is due to the fact that these scanners send their alpha tags out with everything else when they are using a virtual screen via a PC- so in theory, at least, you should be able to capture their tags when using it for a feed..

Since this is a RS forum, you should be able to do that with a PRO-197 / 652 or a PRO-106 / 651 (the second number is the 'rebadged' number, but it's still the same radio...). If you're talking old radios, a PRO-2052 is a possibility, but note that it's not rebanding capable, so be aware of that if you are trying to put a trunk system into something like Broadcastify.

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Unfortunately ProScan does NOT support Radio Shack / GRE / Whistler scanners. However the RadioFeed software on that same page does.

'Nuff Said

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.