AR-DV10 Internal images and tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMac20

Yep, about to test. But sadly non of the things that AOR promised to TMAC20, like phase2 P25 or detailed signal info is implemented :(

As I said I would post the original email for the person that doubted I had this information and thought I was not being truthful. As I have stated time and again, it's to help all where possible when any info comes this way, I'm not affiliated with AOR in any way or it's contractors or dealers.

TMac20

The original email for those that are interested.

Attachments

• Email.jpg
    Email.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 374

c0ne

As I said I would post the original email for the person that doubted I had this information and thought I was not being truthful. As I have stated time and again, it's to help all where possible when any info comes this way, I'm not affiliated with AOR in any way or it's contractors or dealers.

Hi, i was referring to the things you heard earlier from AOR like the phase2 P25, and more digital signal info. Also I don’t recall myself calling you untruthful or so? This release is more or less what was released on hamfair.

TMac20

Hi, i was referring to the things you heard earlier from AOR like the phase2 P25, and more digital signal info. Also I don’t recall myself calling you untruthful or so? This release is more or less what was released on hamfair.

All good no issue. Let me know how you find this update.

Hoping AOR can straighten things out - it's frustrating for all. They just have to focus now on the fundamentals; here is my 20 cents worth;

1. Any drift issues corrected (they did state it will be done in s/ware the latest update did not 100% correct this issue)
2. P25 P2
3. Bandscope
4. Battery % indicator option
5. Remote commands
6. More options for user to set bandwidth in various modes

Above is in no particular order, 5 of the above would be very little work to push out to everyone.

woodpecker

Its still off frequency, its not possible to adjust it on frequency on all bands.

Set it at UHF and its out on HF, at 100kHz its 1300PPM off.

It still drifts.

It still suffers memory corruption, lockups and freezes.

It still has the problem where randomly the 2.6kHz USB filter produces garbled audio.

The automode filter is still locked at 15kHz, not optimum for DMR, NXDN, DSTAR or NFM.

3 months work and its still in this state, what a shambles.

At least the cumbersome SD card in/out I/Q recording feature makes it easier to display its frequency problems.

http://forums.radioreference.com/ao...10-firmware-1810a-serious-problems-still.html

c0ne

Im giving up on this one, the level of incompetence is mind blown. AOR fell of the wagon and didnt managed to get back on it. The most fun i had with this device was when reverse engineering the firmware, atleast we got some free cospas because some people didn’t wanted to listen, but still doesn’t make up for the overall mess.

woodpecker

Im giving up on this one, the level of incompetence is mind blown. AOR fell of the wagon and didnt managed to get back on it. The most fun i had with this device was when reverse engineering the firmware, atleast we got some free cospas because some people didn’t wanted to listen, but still doesn’t make up for the overall mess.

I'll test it next week with my epirb beacon when it arrives.

TMac20

AOR direct contact details

Think its time that everyone make contact with this fellow to get the outcome we all deserve.

Frederic Collin
fcollin@aorja.com

AOR, LTD.
Overseas Sales Dept.
2-6-4 Misuji, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0055
Japan
TEL:+81-3-3865-1695 FAX:+81-3-3865-1697

c0ne

AOR can’t deal with any bad comments unless some one says its a great product, otherwise we wouldn’t be here anyways. They don’t want to hear it and block your e-mails.

woodpecker

Think its time that everyone make contact with this fellow to get the outcome we all deserve.

Frederic Collin
fcollin@aorja.com

He has my email, I'm not sending any more in to get no replies, if he wants to make contact its up to him.

AOR and their dealers won't accept there is a problem, except the stupid "rubber antenna" comments.

Instead of actually fixing things they and their dealers troll the forums with fake information and write drivel on useless "new features".

They are are a waste ot time company with waste of time dealers.

mrkelso

Frederic Collin
fcollin@aorja.com

AOR, LTD.
Overseas Sales Dept.
2-6-4 Misuji, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0055
Japan
TEL:+81-3-3865-1695 FAX:+81-3-3865-1697

Contact him or contact a good Lawyer to get this resolved?

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Pressure

Since AOR will not re-jig the hardware, then the only pressure they would respond to would be from their Dealers, when they complain about AR-DV10's being returned for a full refund.

If you own a DV10, and despite all that has been written still feel it is fit for purpose, as described in its adverts then fine, keep it of course.

IF, you bought one and now wished you had not, then there is a definite remedy. One which might benefit you, and current / future buyers.

Irrespective of the unacceptable frequency issues, which if AOR deny may not be taken as a reason for being given a refund, there is the matter of it being advertised as being able to be 'software controlled'.

AOR have STILL not issued a list of Serial Commands for it, and of those few that have been implemented in software, several not only do not work correctly, they actually 'lock up' the Radio, and all power has to be removed to re-start it.

So the Radio STILL does NOT match its product description when it was sold, and even after several Firmware updates.

In most Countries that is enough to be able to return the Radio, and for those who paid by Credit Card, get a refund that way.

The lack of software control cannot be denied, so is a concrete reason for a refund.

The ONLY way now of seeing a revised DV10 appearing, is for those who are rightly dissatisfied to return their Radio to the Dealer.

I for one just want an AR-DV10 that works as one would expect, free from the frequency faults, and matching its advertised description. IF that happens, I would buy another without doubt, despite its inflated cost.

If that is what you want, make sure your Local Dealer is aware either that your wanted to buy a DV10, but are not going to because of these issues, OR if you have bought one and find the present position unacceptable, return it for a refund. The Dealer cannot refuse just on the grounds of the lack of external control functions.

Although they seem not to realise it, and it is indeed a sad state of affairs, 'forcing' AOR to produce the kind of AR-DV10 we all wanted will be doing them a service in the long term, and help to restore their hitherto well deserved good reputation, one that they seem hell bent on destroying (sigh).

Last edited:

mrkelso

Returns
Defective items may be returned for an exchange, return or upgrade within 10 days of the purchase date. Non-defective items returned within 10 days for credit or refund will be subject to a minimum 15% re-stocking fee. Special order items, cut cables, software and books are non-returnable. All return freight charges are the responsibility of the customer.

Well it's been way over 10 days for me. I guess i am out of luck on this one.

TMac20

Tmac20, Do you think it would make any difference?

I don't know, however, we all have strong protection under not only Japan's legal system (AOR can not manufacture a device that is not fit for purpose and or as marketed) but in those in Europe, Australia, Singapore and the USA.

They are taking corrective action - but clearly it has not fixed the issue. Also marketed something that does not have those features at all currently.

Again - I'm astounded that AOR have not simply published a notification that they have issues, and they will either fix them in existing units (if at all possible) or replace the units for all of us with one that are not defective if they can't fix the issues and lastly do a refund campaign through the dealers. It's really the only three things that are going to save this company, I would not be surprised if this whole mess will be their end in the near future.

Do the math - it's really not too expensive to salvage your company by doing the above AOR.

We have all hung in their to support you, some longer than others but all equally disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.