International Mobile Command Unit - California Department of Fire, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

http://calfire.ca.gov/communications/downloads/fact_sheets/MCC.pdf

Cal Fire’s Mobile Communications Centers (MCC) are a rapid response mobile emergency incident communications system. Six Cal Fire MCC are located throughout the state. The MCC provides a variety of incident communication support functions. Dispatchers monitor incident radio traffic and communicate with personnel on the incident as well as communicating and coordinating with the Emergency Command Center of the local administrative unit. Inside the MCC there is a general work area with computer workstations, amateur radio (HAM) operator stations, and audiovisual equipment. The MCC is the hub for communications activity at an emergency incident. It has satellite phone capabilities for those incidents where phone coverage is not available due to remoteness or catastrophic loss of phone service. It provides access to televised weather conditions and local news reports. It also serves as the cache for additional portable radios that are often needed at a large or complex incident.

I wonder how many of these Calfire got

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
We currently have six stationed around the state, and I think half of them are this new style. The rest of the old ones are being replaced this year (the replacements are being built now).

I heard a rumor that OES might get one or two as well, but I haven't seen anything solid on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.