Internet connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adenosine

Every thunderstorm that goes through causes loss, reconnect issues. My feed is constantly cycling on and off. I’m getting a bit tired of it. I have Fairpoint DSL. Any suggestions?

mibzzer15

This may help you a bit. We live in a condo style houses. Out in the streets there are the man hole cover that contain all the cables for internet and phone and whatnot. Everytime when it was raining, the internet, phone, and whatnot always cut out for a few hours till it dried up. What would happen is the rain would get inside the covered manholes and get inside the capsule that contains it all and shorts out everything. One day (when it was raining), AT&T came out a replaced all of the capsules containing the wires. I think at this time they also installed fiber optics if that makes a difference. Ever since then we havent had a problem with anything cutting out.

This may help you, just wanted to share it with you as you may be having the same problem.

CoolCat

Premium Subscriber
Every thunderstorm that goes through causes loss, reconnect issues. My feed is constantly cycling on and off. I’m getting a bit tired of it. I have Fairpoint DSL. Any suggestions?
I think you may have already answered your own question ;)

Fairpoint has been plagued with phone and internet problems since they took over from Verizon (in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont) a few years ago.

Several of my family members live in NH and they all refuse to use Fairpoint. In their case, they have all switched over to Metrocast for cable, phone, and internet (it is expensive for what they get, but the service is reliable). I'm not sure what other internet service options you have up in Bangor, but you may want to consider switching to another ISP if possible.

good luck :)

N8GXZ

I have Windstream and have been experiencing a problem such as yours . Windstream phone support is really terrible . I ran across this site "http://www.dslreports.com/" and Windstream has a presense there .maybe your carrier does also Its still terrible but it has been better than phone support. They also have forums where you might be able to get help

Status
Not open for further replies.