Internet Explorer and FireFox crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakelh

Whenever I log onto Radio Reference to listen to live feed, internet explorer and firefox both crash after a short few minutes. The same happens on other pc's running totally different operating systems and different versions of both IE and FF. My pc is running Windows 7 RTM. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

bezking

Moved to the Live Audio Forum.

This is a known issue with the web player - try another option and this should stop.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I noticed the same thing after RR started allowing the flash embedded feed on personal web pages. The page that comes to mind is Toledo, OH Lucas County...
NW Ohio Live Services - Mini Console
It happens to me on different computers. I'm using Explorer 7 and XP with all updates (except IE 8) and I have the latest version of flash as well. Of course this is a personal web page with the RR player so I don't know if it's an RR issue or the page owners. I've sent the owner a personal email to let him know. Maybe others will try to run the page and post if it works for them?

blakelh

Well I'm glad you are working on it cause it's annoying.

***UPDATE***

My copy of windows (windows 7) did an update on IE 8 and seems to be working without crashing now. However still crashing when using Firefox. Hasn't been quite a full 24 hours yet so we'll see.

blakelh

UPDATE-

Web player still crashing on Firefox and Internet Explorer (Windows XP SP3)....but still working on IE on a Windows 7 machine. Any luck on the flash update to the web player???

dwh367

No updates yet. Just as soon as there is a fix released from the vendor we'll let the community know. We are also investigating other players as well.

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I've kind of found a work around in the meantime. Right click on the web player and go to "settings" for the flash player. Under "display" uncheck "enable hardware acceleration". It's not a 100% fix but it seems to at least help some what. My girlfriend has been helping me test this work around and so far we've been listening to my feed for two hours without either of our browsers crashing. She's at her house and I'm at mine. Wouldn't hurt anything to at least give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.