Introducing the SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Web_UNIDEN-SDS200-LoQTR_RIGHT-rt.png

Introducing the SDS200, Uniden's latest and most advanced base/mobile digital trunking scanner.

The SDS200 incorporates the latest True I/Q receiver technology, which provides the best digital decode performance in the industry, even in challenging receive environments.

The SDS200's other major features includes:

• 3.5" Customizable Color Display
  • 1.5X Din-E (180 mm x 75 mm) chassis
  • Ext. Sp. Jack
  • Auxiliary USB Type A jack for future expansion
  • Ethernet connectivity for remote streaming and control*
  • Trunktracker X
    • APCO P25 Phase I and II
    • Motorola, EDACS, and LTR Trunking
    • MotoTRBO Capacity + and Connect +**
    • DMR Tier III**
    • Hytera XPT**
    • Single-Channel DMR**
    • NXDN 4800 and 9600**
    • EDACS ProVoice**
  • Location-Based Scanning
  • USA/Canada Radio Database
  • ZIP Code Selection for Easy Setup
  • GPS Connectivity for simple mobile operation
  • Close Call™ RF Capture with Do Not Disturb
  • 8 GB micro SD
  • Soft Keys for Intelligent UI
  • Recording, Playback, and Replay
  • Temporary Avoid
  • Fire Tone-Out Alert
  • System Analysis and Discovery
  • CTCSS/DCS/NAC/RAN/Color Code Decoding
  • S.A.M.E. Weather Alert
  • Enhanced Dynamic Memory
  • Preemptive Trunking Priority
  • Multi-Site System Scanning
  • Fully Customizable Scanning with your own Favorites Lists
  • Backlit Keypad
  • Channel Volume Offset
  • PC Programming and Control
  • USB Connectivity
  • Weekly Database Updates
  • Free Sentinel Software keeps the SDS200 database and memory up to date
  • Frequency Coverage:
    • 25-512 MHz
    • 758-824 MHz
    • 849-869 MHz
    • 895-960 MHz
    • 1240-1300 MHz
* Additional or 3rd-Party software may be required.
** Paid upgrades required for DMR, NXDN, and ProVoice monitoring

Last edited by a moderator:

trp2525

For those who may be interested, I did some research for myself and a friend of mine and compared the current pricing/shipping, sales tax charged (if any) and return policies (direct quotes from each website) for those dealers/vendors currently selling the SDS200. My list contains all dealers that I could find who are currently advertising the SDS200 for order/sale on their websites as of 01-11-2019:

Bearcat Warehouse $699.99 plus $13.99 Economy Shipping. "Bearcat Warehouse offers a 30 day money back guarantee. If you are not happy with your purchase for any reason you may return the product(s) to us for a refund." Sales tax is charged for shipments to Maryland only. Uniden SDS200 Police Scanner | Bearcat Handheld Digital Police Radio

Ham Radio Outlet $699.99 with FREE shipping included. "Defective items may be returned for an exchange, return or upgrade within 10 days of the purchase date. Non-defective items returned within 10 days for credit or refund will be subject to a minimum 15% re-stocking fee." Sales tax is charged for shipments to Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin. UNIDEN SDS-200 Scanners, SDS200

The Ham Station $699.99 with FREE shipping included. "All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee. Please do your research BEFORE buying a scanner, as we do not sell scanners for evaluation purposes." Sales tax is charged for shipments to Indiana only. SDS-200 base version of sds-100 JAN/FEB Uniden Sds-200 Digital scanner [] - $699.99 : The Hamstation!, Your one stop on-line source for amateur radio fun.

Zip Scanners $699.99 with FREE shipping included. "You can return products within 2 weeks (14 days) of when you receive your item(s) for a refund or replacement. If you receive a defective or incorrect product, we will cover all costs involved in getting you a new product and/or returning the original product. You will never incur a cost if you receive a defective product or if we make a mistake. All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee, or $10 whichever is greater." No sales tax is charged for shipments to any state. SDS200 Police Scanner | Uniden Handheld Digital Police Scanner

Universal Radio $749.95 plus $14.95 Flat Rate Shipping. "Returns must be within 14 days of purchase. Returned items are subject to a 15% restocking fee." Sales tax is charged for shipments to Ohio only. Uniden Bearcat SDS200 Scanner

Peerlessk

Just curious. Why doesn’t uniden offer pre order for the sds200? Also the return window of 10-14 is ubsurd in my opinion . 30 should be a standard

ansky

Just curious. Why doesn’t uniden offer pre order for the sds200? Also the return window of 10-14 is ubsurd in my opinion . 30 should be a standard

I don't disagree, but 14 days is pretty standard for most electronics.

ansky

I think they want to give their dealers the advantage. (Uniden doesn't want to compete with their dealers in order to help them stay in business.)

That begs the question, why do they even need dealers? Scanning is such a niche market, why not just sell them directly? I could see 20 years ago when you could walk into a store and buy a scanner, but now that 99% of sales are online you don't need dealers anymore.

W4ELL

Feed Provider
That begs the question, why do they even need dealers? Scanning is such a niche market, why not just sell them directly? I could see 20 years ago when you could walk into a store and buy a scanner, but now that 99% of sales are online you don't need dealers anymore.

I guess, in the end, they COULD just sell it all themselves but I think there are other advantages to having dealers. Not having to deal directly with shipping/returns and general customer interactions can be invaluable, especially during a large volume pre-order. Not to mention, it would basically hurt everyone who sells their product and probably cause the few local shops that are left to go out of business.

In the end, we the customers would be the ultimate losers. :eek:

leegreen1021

Frequency Coverage:
  • 25-512 MHz
  • 758-824 MHz
  • 849-869 MHz
  • 895-960 MHz
  • 1240-1300 MHz
So should I get a car/mobile antenna between these frequency MHz?25-1300mhz or is that how it works?
I want to get a good multi-band (I guess) permanent trunk-lid mounted antenna for this sds200.
Can someone point me in the right direction or should I ask in the antenna forum etc?
Hopefully the UPMAN can chime in if possible.

Thanks for any help.

Laird,possible buy for SDS200 ?

QRFactual

LEO Member
So should I get a car/mobile antenna between these frequency MHz?25-1300mhz or is that how it works?
I want to get a good multi-band (I guess) permanent trunk-lid mounted antenna for this sds200.
Can someone point me in the right direction or should I ask in the antenna forum etc?

Thanks for any help.

I currently use the Larsen NMO 150/450/800 for mobile scanning in my truck and I've had great results with it

https://www.amazon.com/Larsen-NMO150-450-800-Tri-Band-Nmo-Antenna/dp/B00P9JAVF6

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber

Thanks for any help.

The one that Dan linked to is one of the defacto mobile scanner antennas. However, the one you linked to would work, too, just keep in mind it has a large base (larger than most).

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
ScannerMasters just posted a video on their Facebook page of the SDS200 on different bands. Sounded pretty good.
Video Link

Yep, that all sounds excellent. But I'm sure someone will come along and tell us why it wasn't good or wasn't done right for ____. :rolleyes:

I understand people wanting a scanner that performs well, but by all accounts the 200 (and 100, for that matter) does.

gillham

Feed Provider

Thanks for any help.

I agree. Love the results from my Larsen NMO 150/450/800.

To not go further off topic.. the referenced antenna is available with coverage in the 700 range as well if you have systems that you'd like to listen to there. (edit: Just noticed you linked the new antenna (y))
Further can be found here: https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/larsen-tri-band-antenna.374848/#post-2977601

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Recording question: On the x36hp series and SDS 100, when the recording files reached a certain limitation 500/700 files, the scanners will reboot. Has this issue been resolved on the SDS 200?

Can we now enter frequencies with 3.125 khz spacing? 454.056625 for example..

Status
Not open for further replies.