Introducing the SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

KN4C

I’ve had mine about 24 hours now. I have not heard a humming noise.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Got mine today,... Sentinel does not compare at all with Ezscan, going to be much harder to program than Whistlers I have. Looks like I need to buy Proscan to do the things I want like monitor error rates in real time?

Simply what you're accustomed to. Many people have said the exact opposite - "EZScan is not easy! Give me Sentinel!" has been read a few times in various forums. Again, it's just because you're accustomed to the other. Sentinel is actually pretty simple...try it more than a few minutes before you bash it...you'll quickly figure it out.

ArtU

DHCP is disabled by default, but I did not expect that to shut of a LAN ports hardware which it does. Manual is used to set a fixed.
I set DHCP on in the menu, still no lights till I pulled on a factory made ethernet cable, had to tug back and forth till I got it to snap in tight and light up.

ArtU

Simply what you're accustomed to. Many people have said the exact opposite - "EZScan is not easy! Give me Sentinel!" has been read a few times in various forums. Again, it's just because you're accustomed to the other. Sentinel is actually pretty simple...try it more than a few minutes before you bash it...you'll quickly figure it out.

Well, not quite. I had a 996XT, and hated the free software for it, but I got used to it with time and sold the 996xt as it would not work on Simulcast at my home but would everywhere else when I took it mobile. When I got a WS1080 Ezscan was more friendly, and would work at the house if I found the right spot. the 996XT would not decode at home right no matter what spot I put it in. Hoping Proscan will be better, downloading it now.

Using the SDS200 next to the WS1098 and the SDS 2000 decodes my Simulcast problems very well. Hoping it stays that way on an external antenna testing once I get my own scanlists programed in the thing. Its scanning other towers on the NWOhio system as well as the simulcast towers just using zip code which is caused a mis-call or two. I will clear that up before more comparisons.

CQ

Glad they shipped it with LAN disabled. Played with it and of no use for me right now. Back to disabled.

1549820302726.png

Robertolson

Premium Subscriber
Got mine hooked up to my outside antenna, not a whole bunch if time on it.
the sds 200 is more sensitive on the Railroad band, as I'm picking up Defect derectors miles away as I never did with the 536.

Love The the large display, it's gorgeous

ArtU

I took mine 50 miles south, hooked to a discone at 20 feet outside, and it could hear the P25 Simulcast back at home. Garbed a little but worked much better than the non-IQ scanner at that same location.

webtron-x

Hi guys, thank you so much for all the kind words. I just want to let everybody know how the sales tax works....

• We only charge sales tax to orders shipping to our home state in WI on our website and all below sales channels..
  • Amazon will charge sales tax to any order to a state that they have a fulfillment center in. (Amazon collects)
  • Walmart will charge sales tax to any state that the have a store in.... which is every state I'm sure. (Walmart collects)
  • eBay sales tax schedule is here (eBay collects):
January 1, 2019 - Minnesota​
Washington - January 1, 2019​
Iowa - February 1, 2019​
Connecticut - April 1, 2019​
New Jersey - May 1, 2019​
Alabama -July 1, 2019​
Oklahoma - July 1, 2019​
Pennsylvania - July 1, 2019​

darthtw0n

Premium Subscriber
I ordered mine today on Amazon (webtronX). Will report back how quickly I receive it

Update: I received a notification from Amazon this morning that webtronX has already shipped my order and that it will be delivered (to NC) by Wednesday. Very pleased since the Amazon default estimate before I purchased said Feb 14-19).

SChuck

This may be a dumb question, but in the original thread that is archived post #311 mentions that the SDS200 is being controlled by RH utility for Beta Testers. Where can you get a copy of this utility?

I suggest you look at Proscan software it works great on Uniden scanners.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
This may be a dumb question, but in the original thread that is archived post #311 mentions that the SDS200 is being controlled by RH utility for Beta Testers. Where can you get a copy of this utility?
Hello,

I was able to use the RH-536_mkII application on this page. I have not tried out all the functions, but the main display is not bad.
BCD536HPFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

I also used vlc to hear the audio while using the RH-536 app over a network. The url is the same as the BCD-536HP (rtsp://your_scanner_ip/au:scanner.au).

73 Eric

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
newbie question here im getting my sds 200 in 2 days from webtron-x , i use a g4 pager and haven't touched a scanner in 20 years , im good with computers i watched a bunch of videos and read the Manuel i got sentinel up and my buddy who has the sds 100 gave me some pointers and tested a few favorites lists i made so i think im good to go to at least get started .i have 2 simple questions maybe u guys can help me out with.
#1 the lan cable what does it do ? do we program through that ? or anything special ?, or should i use the usb cable to program with sentional #2 my favoirties lists i made 4 so far to start and gave them a fl key . dumb question is what buttons do i push once the scanner is running to enable or disable them ? do i just hit 0 or 4 to turn on 0 or 4 fl list ? or do i hit a function key then the list i want ?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
newbie question here im getting my sds 200 in 2 days from webtron-x , i use a g4 pager and haven't touched a scanner in 20 years , im good with computers i watched a bunch of videos and read the Manuel i got sentinel up and my buddy who has the sds 100 gave me some pointers and tested a few favorites lists i made so i think im good to go to at least get started .i have 2 simple questions maybe u guys can help me out with.
#1 the lan cable what does it do ? do we program through that ? or anything special ?, or should i use the usb cable to program with sentional #2 my favoirties lists i made 4 so far to start and gave them a fl key . dumb question is what buttons do i push once the scanner is running to enable or disable them ? do i just hit 0 or 4 to turn on 0 or 4 fl list ? or do i hit a function key then the list i want ?

As has been said, the LAN is for getting it on your network for streaming or control. Some still in development. It has also been said that you can FTP into the scanner and add files that way.

Easiest way to program is via the memory card...quicker, usually, to copy the files from Sentinel to the card on the computer and then insert it in the scanner and power it up.

You can turn FLs on/off by pressing the number and the E key. Example for FL 10 I'd hit 10E. You can also do it through the menu on the scanner.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
SM just put out a "Learn how to operate Uniden Sentinel Software" video just a few hours ago. It may help, too.

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
thank you very much i will watch the video and for now i wont need to hook up to the lan . i may try proscan in the future once i learn a lot more about this radio but for now i been watching alot about sentinel so going to use that to get up and going.and yep i seen the part in a video where you can turn on any list you want but the fl list on the keys will be fast and nice .thanks again . off topic where this is going to sit on my desk is also my computer and stuff now i see the antenna is on the back with a bnc ,is there a extention to maybee move my antena 5 feet out of the way ? or would i have to buy a new antenna with a longer cord ,im not trying to use a stronger one just trying to movie it a few feet away from my desk .. or is that going to be alot of work .

Status
Not open for further replies.