Inversions & its effects on Fleetnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
On Tuesday Southern Ontario seemed to be under a slight temapture inversion, the southwesterly winds were prevelant until the afternoon when they turned back to the SE.

I normally have problems receiving the Brantford & Simcoe towers but was able to get them almost static free.
On these towers I normally here OPP talkgroups such as Norfolk, Haldimand, Port Credit & Oxford, depending on the multi-select or patches.
On tuesday I got Cam S which I normally do not hear off Brantford as well as a surprise one Wellington 6T 8416.

Will an inversion allow the OPP's radios to affiliate with towers it normally does not?
I have been listening to the Brantford tower for the last 2 months now & have never heard Wellington 6T. There werent, to the best of my knowledge, any 6T units anywhere near Brantford or even in Waterloo Region.

TIA

Eric

williams63

I agree

I seem to get Essex OPP Tower here in Miss ...Im in a basement with a stock rubber duck on my BC296D.

Seems some ' CLEAR ' stuff going on today as well as the last 2 days :)

EJB : I have your High Altitude Charts ready...also I have found a nice copy of one of 3 , " Canada Flight Supplement " a MUST to every pilot.

Gimme a call..Ill get it all packed up...its not a whole HUGE amount...Ill toss in one ONTARIO IFR Approach Plates for all Ontario , youll like the IFR plates...shows you every flight path and Nav aid in use !

:)

Your Cost is !!

1 Med , Timmies ..2 Creme.. no Sugar

I know I have to lower my prices on Aviation stuff....LOL

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I doubt you're getting the Essex tower in Mississauga. Considering that I couldn't pickup the Essex tower in Chatham with a commercial radio...

The Essex tower has a Primary Control Channel of 142.9050. So does Toronto - so I'd put money on it that you're hearing Toronto.

Out of curiosity, what makes you think you're getting the Essex tower?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
williams63 said:
I seem to get Essex OPP Tower here in Miss ...Im in a basement with a stock rubber duck on my BC296D.

Seems some ' CLEAR ' stuff going on today as well as the last 2 days :)

EJB : I have your High Altitude Charts ready...also I have found a nice copy of one of 3 , " Canada Flight Supplement " a MUST to every pilot.

Gimme a call..Ill get it all packed up...its not a whole HUGE amount...Ill toss in one ONTARIO IFR Approach Plates for all Ontario , youll like the IFR plates...shows you every flight path and Nav aid in use !

:)

Your Cost is !!

1 Med , Timmies ..2 Creme.. no Sugar

I know I have to lower my prices on Aviation stuff....LOL

Robert: I called you 2x last week...
I cant stop by till next week I will give you a buzz on Monday if that is ok.
E

williams63

ok EJB : Next week is fine , ill PM you my home tele #as well as my other cell #.

Monday is no problem at all...the Nav Charts and IFR stuff I used asa Pilot is all ready for you , I added in a nice VFR Map as well..I got that Map from a SHell guy at CYSB ( Sudbury Airport ) while we fueled up the a C152 for time building to North Bay , none the less some nice stuff in there for ya. See / talk to ya Monday

" Exkalibur " Its Toronto then...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.