IOR SATCOM 258.650MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
Heard CW (Morse) with a data transmission at 0110z today on 258.650MHz, possibly from UFO F10 @ 72 degrees East.

Went on for quite some time.

Attached audio file. How's your Morse code? :)

Attachments

• 190115_258650.zip
    44.4 KB · Views: 63

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
OT, but this reminded me of something that happened during the Kosovo war in early 1999.

The first night that NATO commenced bombing Yugoslavia, the targets would have included aerodromes and aeronautical radio navigation aids. The standard international practice with outage of these facilities requires a NOTAM (NOtice To AirMen) be issued by the aviation authority responsible for the area, alerting aircraft and agencies of the outage. On that night those on staff would have been a tad busy.

A NOTAM was widely circulated at the time and said to be genuine, issued by Belgrade, expressing a similar sentiment :)

I kept a copy here.

prcguy

To further the off topic, later in that war the US "accidentally" bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade. That was no accident, it was calculated and purposeful to try and destroy the remains of crashed US F-117 parts sold to the Chinese and stored at the embassy. That F-117 was a test bed that had some prototype sensors.

Otherwise I can see 72E from here, I need to hook my satcom antennas back up.

OT, but this reminded me of something that happened during the Kosovo war in early 1999.

The first night that NATO commenced bombing Yugoslavia, the targets would have included aerodromes and aeronautical radio navigation aids. The standard international practice with outage of these facilities requires a NOTAM (NOtice To AirMen) be issued by the aviation authority responsible for the area, alerting aircraft and agencies of the outage. On that night those on staff would have been a tad busy.

A NOTAM was widely circulated at the time and said to be genuine, issued by Belgrade, expressing a similar sentiment :)

I kept a copy here.

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
To further the off topic, later in that war the US "accidentally" bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade. That was no accident, it was calculated and purposeful to try and destroy the remains of crashed US F-117 parts sold to the Chinese and stored at the embassy. That F-117 was a test bed that had some prototype sensors.

Otherwise I can see 72E from here, I need to hook my satcom antennas back up.

I recall that "accident" :)
If it was at 72E it may have been IS-22 at 72.1E. ADF and US share UHF milsatcom on that bird.

It may well be IS-22 I'm hearing.

It was a guess on my part because a fleet broadcast signal on 250.650MHz comes in fairly strong and at the same signal strength. From the data I have that channel is Q1 on the UFO system, and N & Q are the IOR band plans.

reconrider8

Does anyone gear anything besize pirates on these sats? Had my antenna for a few months now and have heard nothing but pirates and data on occasion

Status
Not open for further replies.