Iowa Check In

firemedic78

Iowa Check-In

Hello...Chris from Adel(Dallas Co). As with everyone else, same story here, I have been around scanners all my life....Have worked in dispatch here and there too.....I have been a firefighter/EMT since 96.....was with Martensdale in Warren Co. until recently moving....I am now on Minburn FD. I run several scanners as well and two-ways and pagers......Shoot me a PM anytime you want to chat. Stay safe everyone.

Chris

IowaGuy1603

Finally got my account straightened out............Thanks Lindsey!

Doug KCØLGB in Jones County, work for the Iowa DOC, former deputy sheriff, former EMT/Paramedic.
I've been around radios and scanners for a long time.
I listen mostly to Public Safety but you can find me on the 145.390 repeater in Jones County or the 146.745 repeater in CR on occasion

Blazer350

Im In Spencer right now, am moving to Ft Dodge to get my Fire science degree in the fall, been on a dept for 3 years now. been listening to a scanner forever. Spencer is going digital along with the lakes, so now I have to buy a digital scanner, which sucks. When I move to ft dodge i will be looking for some good frequencies to listen too if you could help me out there? are they digital now too?

IowaBrian

Hello from the CR metro area listening to all PS feed Digital, Conv, P25. Wife thinks I am nuts glad to see a few other nuts from the CR area. :)

thom50669

Hi,

I've been a scanner listener since the crystal days of the 1970's. I have a BC996T at home and a GPS enabled BC996T with a BC-RH99 remote head in the car. Just got a new BC-396XT. I an ameteur extra and an ARES member in Grundy & Blackhawk counties. For the car I have programmed in most of the RACOM EDACS site as well as many other trunked sites including all the StarCom21 sites in Il. Getting the GPS and associated coordinates working was a great help in locking and unlocking those sites. I use ScanControl and FreeScan to program all by scanners.

sdelthon

Hey

From Charles city, moving to mason. listening to floyd, chickasaw, cerro gordo, butler and breemer counties. Have had my scanner since i was 16 now 22. 300 channel Dual Trunking scanner and starting to expand on other things i can do with it then listen to the police..

almurinc

I am also from Charles City. I scan just about everything from Black Hawk Co. to Roch. Minn. Always scanning PS, usually scanning air, wish I could pickup more milair. Occasionally listen to RR, sometimes PW.

Nice to meet you all!

jyoung1993

Premium Subscriber
Hello!

I live in West Des Moines, and listen to public safety. I just use a regular trunking scanner from Radio Shack.

Baley

Hello from Kennesaw GA! Born and raised the CR. Marion Police Officer for several years. Transfered to Georgia in the 80's. I have the feed for CR and Marion on 24/7. Listen to it on my BlackBerry when I'm away from home.....

jowhaley

John from Cedar Rapids Here... I am pretty new to the forum. I have a BC898T, but looking to upgrade to something with P25 Digital so I can get the CR Trunk system to work. I like listening to PS, FIRE and EMS. I am able to listen to CR trunking through the live feed here for right now. Also listen to ISP, and Linn Co.

scbp

I am interested in getting into scanning. I have an old BC172XL given to me. It picks up some dps. I live near Story City and would like to hear Ames area and as far north to Webester City. What type of base scanner would work best.

csx4780

Hello

My name is Travis and I have been a lurker and occasional poster here for the past couple years. My trusty BC245XLT finally gave up the ghost, so I have a BC246 coming. I listen mostly to LE and fire. If you are really lucky you can catch me talking to Mercy One, MAC, or Mercy North as I am a flight dispatcher at Mercy Des Moines. You can also catch me on Polk County Fire Ops as Altoona 2513/2535.

N0GX

Premium Subscriber
Kyle here from Brooklyn, Ia. Been a ham since 1995. I hang out mostly on the HF bands, alot on 40, 75, and 160. I do get on some of the local 2 meter and 440 repeaters, and 2 meter simplex. As far as scanning goes, I do alot of public safety scanning from the house and the mobile.

cwl3gemt

Chris from Yale here. Monitor and use mostly Guthrie County Fire, but also sometimes use Dallas County Fire and DC Fireground Channels. Monitor all Guthrie county PS channels, and some other counties Fire channels as i am traveling. Also monitor and use some of Iowa Speedway's channels for work. I am a volenteer Firefighter/EMT-B, so I have prolly had contact is some form with a couple members here.

csx4780, i know a few people from bondurant who have prolly talked to you at one time or another.

Last edited:

timkilbride

Database Admin
Kyle here from Brooklyn, Ia. Been a ham since 1995. I hang out mostly on the HF bands, alot on 40, 75, and 160. I do get on some of the local 2 meter and 440 repeaters, and 2 meter simplex. As far as scanning goes, I do alot of public safety scanning from the house and the mobile.

What is active in Newton for repeaters? Does Grinnell have anything?

TimK.

emtcasey

Premium Subscriber
Hello from Muscatine

Name is Casey, I am from Muscatine and listen to mostly local FD, PD, SO. I have a PRO-2096 and a PRO-96. Both are digital since MPD and MFD are P25. I have also lived in IC, Waterloo and Bettendorf and have listened to all the same stuff there. I do not "ham" just not enough time or extra money while going to school.

N0GX

Premium Subscriber
What is active in Newton for repeaters? Does Grinnell have anything?

TimK.

The Newton 2 meter machine is pretty active, alot of old timers from Newton get on there and chat. It is 147.030 with a tone of 114.8. Also the 442.300 pl 151.4 in Newton should be real active. It is part of a pretty big linked repeater system that covers most of central Iowa all on UHF.

About forgot, their is nothing in Grinnell, nearest would be 444.150 pl 151.4 in Gilman. It is linked to a few other repeaters in Baxter, Marshalltown, and Grundy Center.

Kyle

Last edited:

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
The Newton 2 meter machine is pretty active, alot of old timers from Newton get on there and chat. It is 147.030 with a tone of 114.8. Also the 442.300 pl 151.4 in Newton should be real active. It is part of a pretty big linked repeater system that covers most of central Iowa all on UHF.

About forgot, their is nothing in Grinnell, nearest would be 444.150 pl 151.4 in Gilman. It is linked to a few other repeaters in Baxter, Marshalltown, and Grundy Center.

Kyle

Those Newton repeaters are pretty much the only repeaters anyone will come back to me (a stranger) for the whole way between Des Moines and Davenport!