Iowa County Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
This is the most detailed news article I've ever read about a radio system. I'm impressed.

Interesting that the state would only put one tower up vs. RACOM's four towers. Makes me wonder how successful the statewide system will be.

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
I would have expected nothing less from a reporter working for the Marengo Pioneer-Republican (even if it's posted on the Press-Citizen's website)

To go back on topic.... One thing I noticed is the implication that Linn/Johnson/Blackhawk's system is/will not be part of the statewide system? Is this correct?

And, FWIW, Woodbury County's Starcomm will become part of the statewide system.

WQIR683

This is the most detailed news article I've ever read about a radio system. I'm impressed.

Interesting that the state would only put one tower up vs. RACOM's four towers. Makes me wonder how successful the statewide system will be.

State's system is only designed for 95% mobile radio coverage..

WQIR683

Johnson/Linn will be part of the ISICS system IIRC.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm not entirely sure about that.. might be bridged together at a system/network level though. Interestingly I haven't seen anything about what Polk County intends to do either.

owenmcc1

Feed Provider
I'm not entirely sure about that.. might be bridged together at a system/network level though. Interestingly I haven't seen anything about what Polk County intends to do either.
That's what I meant. I know the Starcom sites in Muscatine County will be linked to the ISICS system, as that has been discussed in the meeting minutes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
The Linn, Johnson, Iowa, Polk, Marshall and BlackHawk county systems will all be RACOM and all linked together. I'm not sure if they will operate under the CIRPSCS name or what but it will essentially be the reincarnation of the statewide EDACS network they currently operate. ISICS has not signed any new users aside from Westcom and Dallas Co. With signing Iowa county (and some others down the road), RACOM will be the P25 network for most of the major metros in Iowa. Sounding more and more like ISICS will be for the troopers, DOT and the random county that jumps on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.