Iowa State Fair public safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
I was looking around here for information on what the ISF does for a radio system. They have a 800MHz TRBO system but that is for the 'commercial' side of the fair, vendors, trash collection, etc.

The Iowa State Patrol has traditionally done law enforcement for the fair, with the assistance of Polk County and DMPD. They have deployed their mobile repeater that is located in their incident command trailer for the duration of the fair.

For those of you that want to listen in, they are operating on 453.950 NFM and 453.700 NFM. I didn't scan for a tone but its a repeater so it probably has one. They have a full time dispatcher as well, i recognize him as one of the usual ISP dispatchers, not sure where they are physically located.

The system has a pretty limited range, unless you have a decent antenna system you will only be able to get it within a mile or two of the fairgrounds.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
They used have a dispatching position at the Fair Police Station by the west gate. But I have not been there for several years thanks to my situation in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.