• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Iowascannerguy behind bars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4RDX

I just got news that iowascannerguy was arrested in iowa and is in the state prison on charges related to the scam he pulled off on Radio Reference. He was arrested 12-10-2009. I just thought i would let everyone know.

SCPD

Ummmm, if he was arrested 12/10/09, how could he possibly in prison that quickly? Perhaps you meant he is in jail, awaiting court proceedings/bond hearing, etc?

If he is in prison already, remind me never to get arrested in Iowa, they lock a person up fast! lol

ERADIO

Can we get our radios back?

I wonder if everyone that got scammed can get their radios back?,since I know the DesMoines PD probably confiscated all the stolen property.

Northerner71

That is great news. Wish I could hear about my money or my scanner. I am trying to build up a nice shack for my son and I and am now leary of buying radios online. I am glad that this scum bag is in jail. Merry Christmas idiot. Thanks for everyone hear, you people are a great bunch.

nova1010

That is great news. Wish I could hear about my money or my scanner. I am trying to build up a nice shack for my son and I and am now leary of buying radios online. I am glad that this scum bag is in jail. Merry Christmas idiot. Thanks for everyone hear, you people are a great bunch.
Why be leary of buying radios online? This guy was on here only a month with a total of 8 posts and no real good feedback before ripping people off,I wouldn't even have considered dealing with him.

Theres alot of great guys on this site just do a little research before making a deal.

I do hope you guys get your radios or money back from this guy though I really hate when this crap happens to people.

I do hope you guys get your radios or money back from this guy though I really hate when this crap happens to people.
I think that most states have laws to the effect that once the stolen property has been used as evidence in the trial and the guy is found guilty the stuff is returned to the rightful owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.