• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Iran to deliver harsh blow to global arrogance on February 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
From article: Iran opposition leaders call for protests - CNN.com

Two top Iranian opposition leaders have called on supporters to protest on February 11, the anniversary of the 1979 Islamic Revolution, an opposition Web site reported....

They also called for people to take to the streets on February 11 to demand their rights back as citizens of Iran, The Green Way reported.

Meanwhile, state-run Press TV quoted Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Sunday as saying that the nation will deliver a harsh blow to "global arrogance" on February 11.
Sounds like fun :roll:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/01/31/iran.protests/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Last edited:

DocDaddy

Two Middle East mothers are sitting in a cafe chatting over
a plate of tabouli and a pint of goat's milk.

The older of the two pulls a bag out of her purse and
starts flipping through photos. They start reminiscing.

'This is my oldest son Mohammed. He would have been 24
years old now.'
'Yes, I remember him as a baby' says the other
mother cheerfully.
He's a martyr now mum confides.
'Oh, so sad dear' says the other.

And this is my second son Kalid. He would have been 21.'
'Oh, I remember him,' says the other happily,
'he had such curly hair when he was born'.
'He's a martyr too' says mum quietly.
'Oh, gracious me ...' Says the other.

'And this is my third son. My baby. My beautiful Ahmed.
He would have been 18, she whispers.
'Yes' says the friend enthusiastically, 'I
remember when he first started school'
'He's a martyr also,' says mum, with tears in her eyes.

After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim mother
looks wistfully at the photographs and says...

'They blow up so fast, don't they...'

N

N_Jay

I hope he personally lights the fuse. :twisted:

Mike
It doesn't matter who pushes the button, he will be (or should be, but who the heck knows with Obama) treated to the pointy end of a bunker buster.

mdulrich

Premium Subscriber
I think we will have better luck with I'mANutJob lighting the fuse, about a 6" one, than having Owebama deal with him. :(

Mike

kayn1n32008

It doesn't matter who pushes the button, he will be (or should be, but who the heck knows with Obama) treated to the pointy end of a bunker buster.
If how President Obama handled those Somali pirates is any indication, then i am going to guess that he will be treated to a nice bunker buster. And with any hope he will get the grand iatolla too!!! maybe give some hope to the people of Iran for change.

N

N_Jay

If how President Obama handled those Somali pirates is any indication, then i am going to guess that he will be treated to a nice bunker buster. And with any hope he will get the grand iatolla too!!! maybe give some hope to the people of Iran for change.
What, take a bunch of polls and then decide what action would make him look "most presidential"?

If I understand maritime law, there was no reason for the President to get involved in the actions of our military to protect a US flagged ship in international waters under a "war-like attack committed by private parties". The TERRORISTS (err, Pirates) should have been disposed of without question.

kayn1n32008

I think we will have better luck with I'mANutJob lighting the fuse, about a 6" one, than having Owebama deal with him. :(

Mike
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is not a nut job, he is VERY well educated and i believe he even still teaches at the UofT. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is much more of a threat to this world simply because he is so educated and not crazy. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a bigger threat to the stability of the Middle East than Saddam Hussien EVER was.

Status
Not open for further replies.