• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Iranian Nukes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

The resent IAEA report seems clear that Iran is in the process of building a nuclear bomb! The only question now is what is the world going to do about it.

Obama wants tougher sanctions which thus far has had little or no affect on Iran's nuclear ambition. And of course our old friends Russia and China don't want to put anymore pressure on Iran.

So what should we do? My fear is that nothing will happen and Iran will complete its sinister goal of wiping out Israel.

Israel needs to act now and take down these suspected nuke sites and the United States needs to back them up! That is the only option left in my opinion and time is quickly running out!

N8GXZ

No Sir ! The United states does not need to back Israel up. We have been backing them up for years, to the tune of billions upon billions . We are broke , And I am fed up with sending our young people to fight wars for other countries !

Romak3

Premium Subscriber
No Sir ! The United states does not need to back Israel up. We have been backing them up for years, to the tune of billions upon billions . We are broke , And I am fed up with sending our young people to fight wars for other countries !
Should we back Germany, England, Japan or any other "free" country? Maybe it WOULD be better if Israel was whipped out. That way the Islam extremists or anyone else that hates our "corrupted" freedoms would have more reason to come over here and screw more s*it up. I mean, why spend money over there when they could come here and fight? 9/11 anyone? Hell, lets save a few bucks and do it here on our own soil. I'd love to hear someone like you b**ch and say "why wasn't this taken care of!?"

If I came to your house and was going to put a whooping on you, would you want your friends to just walk away? Think....

How about we stop people from taking advantage of our tax system and put that to Military instead of supporting people who can't keep their clothes on or simply buy a condom atleast? How about we stop giving money to Jon Bon Jovi, Ted Turner and Scotty Pipen and the like tax breaks while they spew their save the poor people from the rich people speeches!?!? Hypocrites..... Didn't Bruce do a Farm-aid concert? Does he need aid??

I would MUCH rather spend MY tax money on the security of America and help a foreign land stop aggression BEFORE being attacked again.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/investigative/farm-tax-breaks-for-nj-celebrities-20110209

If Israel falls.... your life WILL change.

Last edited:

brandon

Database Admin
The USA will be involved whether you like it or not. Should Israel go in the Iranians have made it very clear they will launch attacks on US interests in the Middle East.

zz0468

Before we jump to some hasty decisions, perhaps we should do a cost-benefit analysis to see if it's worth the cost. Answer the following questions:

1. How many American solders will it cost, in terms of casualties?
2. How many billions of dollars will it cost?
3. How long will any adverse economic impacts to our already battered economy last?
4. What long term terrorist acts should be anticipated, for the cost of participating in yet another middle east war? How many homeland civilian deaths will occur as a result of terrorist acts done in retaliation for any attacks on Iran?
5. What contingency plans are in place to deal with a protracted middle east oil shortage, and what dollar amount per barrel would be acceptable?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should do nothing. But I frequently wonder if the worlds political leaders ever take any of this into account when a political stance is taken. I'm not convinced that an attack on Iran is appropriate at this point, nor am I convinced that sanctions have any hope of working either. So far, it's a lose-lose proposition, no matter what we do here, and I have yet to hear ANY viable solutions, from anyone, on any side of the issue.

Last edited:

N8GXZ

Should we back Germany, England, Japan or any other "free" country?

"Absolutly Not!"

Maybe it WOULD be better if Israel was whipped out.

"Maybe so" .

That way the Islam extremists or anyone else that hates our "corrupted" freedoms would have more reason to come over here and screw more s*it up.

They do not hate our freedoms , They hate our meddling in their so called holy countries.

I mean, why spend money over there when they could come here and fight? 9/11 anyone? Hell, lets save a few bucks and do it here on our own soil. I'd love to hear someone like you b**ch and say "why wasn't this taken care of!?"
Not me , I'm ready

If I came to your house and was going to put a whooping on you, would you want your friends to just walk away? Think.... "Hmmm I think .. I can handle myself pretty good"

How about we stop people from taking advantage of our tax system

"That would be fantastic ! I'd go for that ."

How about we stop giving money to Jon Bon Jovi, Ted Turner and Scotty Pipen and the like tax breaks while they spew their save the poor people from the rich people speeches!?!? Hypocrites..... Didn't Bruce do a Farm-aid concert?
"I agree with that statement"

I would MUCH rather spend MY tax money on the security of America (STOP) and help a foreign land stop aggression BEFORE being attacked again. "Again thay hate us because we interfere with their countries"

If Israel falls.... your life WILL change. "Yes for the better" .

What the hell is so great about Israel that some people are willing to send their sons and daughters to die for that country ??? As of a couple of days ago its been reported Israel has completed a new missle "The Jericho" capable of sending a nuke over 10000Km able to hit New York or Tokyo... Just why in do they need that ?
Why did they not sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty
Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They have over 300 nukes (that we surly gave them)

I could go on and on about Israel , Our best friends that only like us for the billions of sheckles we send them and intelligence Lastly " Remember the USS Liberty USS Liberty incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They paid 3.3 million to the families of the 34 deceased men , That we gave them to begin with. Over and out

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
If Israel falls.... your life WILL change.
If Israel falls.... your life WILL change. "Yes for the better" .

What the hell is so great about Israel that some people are willing to send their sons and daughters to die for that country ??? As of a couple of days ago its been reported Israel has completed a new missle "The Jericho" capable of sending a nuke over 10000Km able to hit New York or Tokyo... Just why in do they need that ?
Why did they not sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty
Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They have over 300 nukes (that we surly gave them)

I could go on and on about Israel , Our best friends that only like us for the billions of sheckles we send them and intelligence Lastly " Remember the USS Liberty USS Liberty incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They paid 3.3 million to the families of the 34 deceased men , That we gave them to begin with. Over and out
So, you think your life will change for the better if Iran takes Israel? Who do you think will be in control of all of those nukes then?

N8GXZ

So, you think your life will change for the better if Iran takes Israel? Who do you think will be in control of all of those nukes then?
Iran knows Israel has nukes , It would be suicidal . Reports have it ,even if Iran made a nuke just how would 1 or 2 compare to over 300 ? Israel would wipe Iran off the map in an instant. No one would get control because then America would more than likely get in on the fun and send a boatload over there .

If you think about it ,take a good look @ Pakistan and what tthey have, Are they our friends ?? Outwardly yes - Reality No. If anyone today lobs just 1 good sized nuke , its all over anyway (hope you made peace with your God ).(Atheists will never know the difference) Big deal Iran gets a nuke . North Korea China, Russia Pakistan,India and God knows who else has em ! Just remember ,Whatever will be will be. Ya aint gettin out of this world alive.
What it all boils down to is ... , we were lied to about Iraq and more than likely other involvments in other wars. We need to take care of our own first and formost. USA is broke ! and we need to stay out of other peoples business.

SCPD

What it all boils down to is ... , we were lied to about Iraq and more than likely other involvments in other wars. We need to take care of our own first and formost. USA is broke ! and we need to stay out of other peoples business.
Iran has been poking around the bears cage for many years. Don't you remember the hostage crises in 1979? Not to mention the Marine base bombing in Lebanon. Then factor in Irans more resent involvement in Iraq against US troops and the attempted assassination of the Saudi ambassador on US soil! The difference between Iraq and Iran is obvious. The world knows Iran's intentions. They said it themselves...they want to wipe Israel off the map!

Last edited:

kayn1n32008

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Utah_Viper said:
Is the same IAEA that told us all about Iraq having nukes?
IAEA did not lie about Iraq having NBC weapons, Bush his intelligence buddies lied to the world about Iraq have NBC weapons. IAEA was clear that Iraq had no Nukes, but that was not what George wanted to hear. Iran needs to be taught a lesson, I say bomb all of their suspected Nuclear Bomb facillities

SCPD

The fact that Iran was plotting an assassination attempt in the US is an act of war!!! I say Bomb!

Last edited:

zz0468

Simple we take out their precious nuke sites! We owe them that! If you mess with the bears cage you get the CLAW!
Have you done an analysis on the acceptable loss of American lives, the impact on the economy? How many billions or trillions of dollars will it cost? This would enrage the entire middle east even more than they're enraged. What else is new, right? But seriously... this will probably increase the motivation for terrorist attacks on the U.S. by several orders of magnitude. How much is acceptable?

It's easy to say "bomb them!", but is anyone figuring out what the total cost will be?

unixfreak0037

Covert Ops Only

The United States and Israel are already busy dealing with that. That's what Stuxnet was all about. That's why things blow up over there some times. We can take care of this situation without openly declaring war on a sovereign nation. It's that kind of thinking that got us in this modern Vietnam we're in right now with Iraq and Afghanistan. Those were bad decisions. While I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm to protect the country you live in, covert operations is the only way to go here.

Status
Not open for further replies.