Is 37.18 used anywhere in Texas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobytwo

Many years ago 37.18 Mhz was used or at least licensed by most agencies in Texas. Are there any city, county or other use for this frequency? Areas around Lubbock seem to have abandoned it but several municipalities still have it licensed.I dont see any govt vehicles equipped with a VHF-Lo antenna.

tom_guess

Hasn't been used since the early to mid 70's. About the time the state and counties went to 2 meters.

fireboy

The frisco fire dept. still uses it for the low band pagers... and all the back up radios in all the apparatus. I think hood county or somerville county still use it also but i cant remember which one.... But i do know that if you live anywhere near Frisco you can tune in at 6:00pm when they do the evening tone test and you can hear it on 37.180 they simulcast it because prosper still uses the low band pagers. at least thats the way it was when i used to work there.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
37.18 is part of the ancient Texas Sheriff's Auxiliary Radio system. Every county and city in Texas had this and usually 37.26. As agancies moved off to their own systems and other bands, 37.18 and 37.26 went to other uses. There are several cities that still use these for their parks departments, water departments, public works etc. Many Fire Departments still tone out like Frisco does, and some still use it for Ops.

Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.