Is Home patrol extreme worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

I am pretty dumb when it comes to the new scanners. Probably be a long while before I figure it all out. Should I invest in the extreme package for the Home Patrol?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

phask

Premium Subscriber
Yes if you have a use for it.

No if you don't.

IMHO - if you need to ask - you don't need it.

I have one with and 1 with out. I also will admit I rarely use it,BUT I do find some uses very valuable.

Some highlights - Using ArcPAtrol in Virtual mode to log.

Running Unitrunker - Ohio just did a major rebanding - ez to keep track of local sites.

Signal Strength - ez to adjust, cut, mount antennas with instant power graph.

It just depends on your expectations and skilss - for day to day scanning you don't need it.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am pretty dumb when it comes to the new scanners. Probably be a long while before I figure it all out. Should I invest in the extreme package for the Home Patrol?

Was there anything in the list of the Extreme Upgrade features that interests you, or that you could use in your area?

booyah

I been thinking that too, but why pay that money when you have 2 New scanners coming to the market in a month or so--thats probably much better than the HP, Im waiting :)

lawman210

I think the the antenna location feature would be useful. What 2 new scanners are coming out that are better then the Hp1 and the cost of those units?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

beischel

No

I bought it, not worth it in my opinion. I never have had a need for it.

I would pay money if they would ever come out with a firmware update to provide better P25 decoding.

Status
Not open for further replies.