• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Is It Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampabaynews

Premium Subscriber
Let me guess: you didn't qualify, intellectually, for membership?
Um, I was a member of good standing as of the site being shut down. Never been banned or suspended.

What I have a problem with people who make fun of the mentally challenged, take cheap shots at people via the internet, and too much of a coward to use their real name.

Last edited:

tampabaynews

Premium Subscriber
You can thank the vindictive ex-moderator (who was banned for posting/associating images of Hitler with one of our paid advertisers) who contacted DHS, to make false complaints about myself and others, suggesting we were up to no good. All of this is false..
If whatever the accusations are... are false... then why take the website down?

This is a legitimate question. No sarcasm intended.

KevinC

Super Moderator
I'm not going to shut this down, but if they chose to take the website down that's up to them. I would imagine all sorts of things (legalwise) are happening behind the scenes and it really shouldn't be played out here.

Feel free to continue the discussion, but PLEASE, no arguing. I'm really tired of people arguing here. :(

d119

I think you'll find the truth about MY involvement (or actually LACK THEREOF) in the site being brought down will be coming out in the very near future, from Mars himself.

As for you, gtaman, I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. Because apparently you believe/perpetuate just about anything. You're a tool.

d119

Wow. Looks like a fine upstanding citizen! Nice hair cut.

But what reason was it shut down for?
Thanks Ray. Actually, I am a fine upstanding citizen. Got a 17% raise from my employer (who approved my hairstyle) to cut it off when it didn't fly with the customers. I volunteer almost every moment of my spare time that I'm not working or sleeping to NON RADIO RELATED charities. But I guess my hairstyle of 6 years ago says otherwise, eh? Judge lest ye be judged, I suppose.

Mars_P25

Premium Subscriber
What d119 has just said, is in fact true. There's some things to be said, and some things which cannot be said until further investigation has taken place.

At the time of the allegations myself and others made against d119, there was some substantial information which pointed toward the possibility he was involved in causing the problems involving DHS. After speaking with him and confirming further facts provided by him, it has become apparent Chris Baldwin, aka "d119", DID NOT contact DHS nor is he involved in the malicious allegations/harassment campaign against the admin group of the P25/CS website.

To be clear: d119 DID NOT contact DHS. The information posted by myself and others is not factual.

The investigation continues, and I believe the group is now on the right track. No further information will be posted as to whom is involved; we will be passing that along to DHS so they can determine whether or not to pursue the accused person for making false statements/mischief. DHS has spent considerable time investigating myself and the website for absolutely no reason whatsoever. We're radio nerds/hobbyists/experimenters/hams, not Taliban/ISIS/Cartel product/sales support. WTF.

d119, please accept my public apology for insinuating you did something, of which you did not. I was wrong and acted without speaking with you, first.

gtaman

I think you'll find the truth about MY involvement (or actually LACK THEREOF) in the site being brought down will be coming out in the very near future, from Mars himself.

As for you, gtaman, I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. Because apparently you believe/perpetuate just about anything. You're a tool.
I'll be glad to take it off your hands. :) But you'll have to cut down on the price. 50 miles is not ocean front these days.

d119

What d119 has just said, is in fact true. There's some things to be said, and some things which cannot be said until further investigation has taken place.

At the time of the allegations myself and others made against d119, there was some substantial information which pointed toward the possibility he was involved in causing the problems involving DHS. After speaking with him and confirming further facts provided by him, it has become apparent Chris Baldwin, aka "d119", DID NOT contact DHS nor is he involved in the malicious allegations/harassment campaign against the admin group of the P25/CS website.

To be clear: d119 DID NOT contact DHS. The information posted by myself and others is not factual.

The investigation continues, and I believe the group is now on the right track. No further information will be posted as to whom is involved; we will be passing that along to DHS so they can determine whether or not to pursue the accused person for making false statements/mischief. DHS has spent considerable time investigating myself and the website for absolutely no reason whatsoever. We're radio nerds/hobbyists/experimenters/hams, not Taliban/ISIS/Cartel product/sales support. WTF.

d119, please accept my public apology for insinuating you did something, of which you did not. I was wrong and acted without speaking with you, first.
Mistakes happen, reactions happen, THANK YOU for clarifying things publicly. Moving on. have a nice day gtaman :)

gtaman

d119 I would like to apologize for pestering your name around. At the current time, like most members of the site, were upset over its closing. The first thing most people do is point fingers. That's what I did exactly. Hopefully everything about this mess gets cleared up. Thank you Mars for updating on this. Mods if you can please remove the two posts of mine containing the images that accuse d119 of being responsible. Thank you.

d119

d119 I would like to apologize for pestering your name around. At the current time, like most members of the site, were upset over its closing. The first thing most people do is point fingers. That's what I did exactly. Hopefully everything about this mess gets cleared up. Thank you Mars for updating on this. Mods if you can please remove the two posts of mine containing the images that accuse d119 of being responsible. Thank you.
Roger THAT

Kirk

DB Admin
I hope the site returns. It's a huge loss to the radio community. Best of luck to those being put through the ringer.

hitechRadio

Dang this sucks! I loved p25.ca great people and full of great information.
P25.ca actually helped Moto fix some of there mistakes in there own radios!

Will be greatly missed!
Heck Moto may miss the site as well, took some pressure of there tech support if anything!

Last edited:

allend

Premium Subscriber
Everytime I would try and join that P25.ca forum I would ask some real basic questions to learn and get chewed out and eventually banned. Strange. It was a good site for information as well as you could pull down firmware files for commerical grade radios.

Then it got to the point where they blocked my ISP IP address and then I could not even get to the site anymore. There was some funny business going on over at that site for no reason.

Somebody must have caused a big rift and then the hammer dropped. Remember that DHS does not waste their resources for no reason. It had to be something pretty damaging to our national security for this to go down. There was good evidence to nab somebody on that site for doing something not right for our best interest for our country.

sfd119

Premium Subscriber
Everytime I would try and join that P25.ca forum I would ask some real basic questions to learn and get chewed out and eventually banned. .
The site was for communications professionals...not for the "real basic" questions.

Mars_P25

Premium Subscriber
Quite a lot of speculation there, allend. If you were banned, it was for good reason.

We are quite fortunate you were unable to participate on the site. From the way you speculate and post, you don't sound like you have too much to offer.

What some don't seem to realize, is any website, including this one, are private resources. Membership is not guaranteed, nor is anyone entitled to use someone else's resources for their own benefit. You do not have the right to participate.

KevinC

Super Moderator
Quite a lot of speculation there, allend. If you were banned, it was for good reason.

We are quite fortunate you were unable to participate on the site. From the way you speculate and post, you don't sound like you have too much to offer.

What some don't seem to realize, is any website, including this one, are private resources. Membership is not guaranteed, nor is anyone entitled to use someone else's resources for their own benefit. You do not have the right to participate.
I really enjoy the people that threaten us with legal action because we deleted a post or gave them an infraction.

KevinC

Super Moderator
Since we're going down memory lane...

I really enjoyed my time on P25.ca/CS. I contributed a little, listened a LOT, gave a few "thanks" and received a few.

And thanks to a post there I was able to assist a local agency recover some radios.

It was a great resource, as long as you understood and played by the rules.

MSS-Dave

Dammit..... no thanks button here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.