• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Is It Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

What d119 has just said, is in fact true. There's some things to be said, and some things which cannot be said until further investigation has taken place.

At the time of the allegations myself and others made against d119, there was some substantial information which pointed toward the possibility he was involved in causing the problems involving DHS. After speaking with him and confirming further facts provided by him, it has become apparent Chris Baldwin, aka "d119", DID NOT contact DHS nor is he involved in the malicious allegations/harassment campaign against the admin group of the P25/CS website.

To be clear: d119 DID NOT contact DHS. The information posted by myself and others is not factual.

The investigation continues, and I believe the group is now on the right track. No further information will be posted as to whom is involved; we will be passing that along to DHS so they can determine whether or not to pursue the accused person for making false statements/mischief. DHS has spent considerable time investigating myself and the website for absolutely no reason whatsoever. We're radio nerds/hobbyists/experimenters/hams, not Taliban/ISIS/Cartel product/sales support. WTF.

d119, please accept my public apology for insinuating you did something, of which you did not. I was wrong and acted without speaking with you, first.

Good enough for me. Apologies to d119. Hopefully the loser that actually 'ratted' P25.ca gets outed.

kayn1n32008

Everytime I would try and join that P25.ca forum I would ask some real basic questions to learn and get chewed out and eventually banned.
Funny how one gets infractions and eventually banned when one does not follow the rules.

Strange....
Not really. I guess you missed the part about the site not being for beginners or scanner listeners. The site was for professionals and advanced hobbiest.

Somebody must have caused a big rift and then the hammer dropped. Remember that DHS does not waste their resources for no reason. It had to be something pretty damaging to our national security for this to go down. There was good evidence to nab somebody on that site for doing something not right for our best interest for our country.

Yea... Sure... What ever you want to believe.

Since we're going down memory lane...

I really enjoyed my time on P25.ca/CS. I contributed a little, listened a LOT, gave a few "thanks" and received a few....

...It was a great resource, as long as you understood and played by the rules.

I enjoyed that site as well. There was a bunch of really intelligent folks on that site, that had made some pretty significant contributions to 2way radio knowledge. I learned a lot there.

Dammit..... no thanks button here.

+1

wiredwrx

Overseas servers, here we come!!!! I hope???? I was mostly a lurker, and only posted on occassion, but the amount of useful information at P25.ca was immense, and completely helpful. I do miss it.

Mars_P25

Premium Subscriber
Guys, anything is possible, but for now all of us are taking a break because we are tired of dealing with the nonsense associated with the US government. We are not hackers, terrorists, criminals or I'll-intentioned. Those mouth breathers seem to think otherwise.

All data from the site is backed up in numerous locations and encrypted. Someday, The site may come back, but for now it is closed.

For those who criticize our decision, would you want to be responsible for any possible legal defense or consequences associated with allegations?

I'll tell you guys one thing: if Motorola announces bankruptcy or a selloff, the site will be back the same day. There are a terrible corporation and do not have the customers' best interests in mind.

Drachen_Fire

Premium Subscriber
I would get software for NLS/NLA equipment there all the time. It's a shame that many are so tight about sharing something that can't be sold anymore. I have to get old software from the Soviets now.

Really wish they had it on here...
That would be nice.

Though I felt CS was slightly challenging to adapt to compared to some of the engines that run other forums, it was a great source of information offered a great way to come up to speed with the market and technologies (if you did some reading). I know of multiple radio techs who watched the site and occasionally contributed and even a few manufactures (Simoco for example) who would occasionally go to the site to look at not only what the competition was being successful or not successful with but also obtain opinion from the techs/system engineers who worked with many features digital systems had to offer.

Mars and the guys were more than helpful with helping me get an Astro Spectra, which was DOA due to incorrect control head interconnect board being installed at some point in time, running again with some patience and trial and error. I found never ask a basic question, and search first before posting and you'll be fine.

Sorry to hear the news of the forum. Hopefully you get it back up again Mars.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
I would get software for NLS/NLA equipment there all the time. It's a shame that many are so tight about sharing something that can't be sold anymore. I have to get old software from the Soviets now.
You mean Russia, don't you? The Soviet Union is no more. Russia is an Orthodox Christian nation, now.

Now back to the thread.

Evgeni

You mean Russia, don't you? The Soviet Union is no more. Russia is an Orthodox Christian nation, now.

Now back to the thread.
What?

There is no state religion in Russia, even if Putin is buddy buddy with the Rusian Orthodox Church(inside Russia).

Most of Russia is irreligious or "religious" to the extent of just having an idol on the dash of their car for good luck.

mmckenna

Well Known Member
I'll tell you guys one thing: if Motorola announces bankruptcy or a selloff, the site will be back the same day. There are a terrible corporation and do not have the customers' best interests in mind.
I'll miss the site, tried looking for it a while back, but this explains it. Never was a member, but I liked lurking there.

As for Motorola, I gave up on them in 2012 and haven't looked back. It's becoming more and more apparent they are circling the drain. Not sure how long it will take, but it'll happen. Their booth at IWCE keeps shrinking.

I'll miss the site, tried looking for it a while back, but this explains it. Never was a member, but I liked lurking there.

As for Motorola, I gave up on them in 2012 and haven't looked back. It's becoming more and more apparent they are circling the drain. Not sure how long it will take, but it'll happen. Their booth at IWCE keeps shrinking.
They had a show on the other side of the strip the days prior to IWCE. I mean, Hytera had the largest booth at IWCE but Harris has pulled their rebranded DMR radio from the Harris product line.

Icom had another large booth…because they weren't just there with LMR gear. At least Motorola sees a need for wideband operation in services not mandated narrow…

MTS2000des

P25.ca isn't the only great site being attacked by corporate America, Louis Rossman is being jacked up in a very similar fashion. Seems the folks at One Infinite Loop don't care too much for his very vocal, honest and blunt criticism of their products, their business model, and their arrogance toward their own customers. He provides a service repairing products Apple would refuse to service. And he shares his techniques with the world via his videos that, like P25.ca, are visited by fellow professional independent repair folks. You can do the math and see that Mr. Cook and his cronies don't take too kindly to that. Surprised they haven't called in the Feds for some IP/copyright/terrorist crap either.

At the end of the day, the real owners of this country are always around to remind us who runs this place. Free speech my butt. You are only as free to say what you are ALLOWED to say. The internet has them scared and they are trying to figure out how to control it. It's the only forum that puts the little guy on the same playing field/court as the big guys: but let's not lose sight: they OWN the court. They sponsor and OWN the ball parks!

The attack on P25.ca was nothing more than this. We are not terrorists, infidels or a threat to anyone other than the corporations who criticize them, expose their weaknesses, and have a following of professional users. This is why they go to the lengths they do using the legal system to shut down anyone who dare provide an honest, intelligent, open forum.

The censoring of information is real. How it's being done is very underhanded and surreptitious but it is the way things work. "Homeland security" is nothing but an eminence front by the owners who can use force of law to criminalize anyone or anything they feel speak their mind a little too loudly.

Say it ain't so.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Three tools of the totalitarian manipulators. Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD Factor). As long as people fall for this, they will continue to pass laws they don't need, elect people they don't want, fight wars they don't want and can't win, pay taxes they can't afford.

This also applies to the salesman at the XXXX store that tells you you need to buy a new one because you won't be happy with your old one being repaired.

ee1993

Mars,

Thanks for all of you hard work moderating the communications support forum. I learned a lot and hopefully contributes a bit as well. Any possibility of separating the EF Johnson portion and opening that as a new standalone forum?

N4KVE

I do miss P25.CA. Especially the DMR audio improvements, & wide band fixes. I think the sleeping bear was poked too much, & they called in a favor. It was total BS, but I feel that was their reaction to "services offered at Dayton". Oh, I made it to Montreal, & back no problem. It seems the "tax stamps" I possess makes things real easy at the airport. Good luck Mars.

wanabe

Absolutely the best site on net......Appreciated all the help and knowledge of Mars, Number6, Triptolemus, Forts, Com51, DisasterGuy and others.......I will miss it. Hope it will rise again.

jim202

I have worked with just about every brand of commercial radio vendor that has sold radios over the years. Each and every one of them were, for the most part easy to work with except mother Motorola. If you look at the history of the changes to Motorola over the years, each time they made a change in management, the ease of doing business and the technical ease of working with the company decreased.

More recently there has been a mass exodus of the strong talent that made up the engineering groups within the company there at Motorola. Some of those leaving did so on their own and others went out the door because someone thought they were not needed and could save some money.

Then comes the constant firmware and software updates to the products. Did anyone ever ask the customers what they would like to see or what problem should get fixed? Nope, that wasn't the way it worked anymore after the Gavlin Brothers were pushed out of the company. Now a days, the company waits until a customer complains and then maybe you just might have a ticket started to look into the problem. You notice I didn't say fix the problem.

So with the demise of the P25.CA web site, one can only read between the lines and shake their heads. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at where the chips have fallen.

The other radio vendors have never taken such a hard nosed stand in order to keep the customers they have. They don't have to work that hard to keep coming out with products that work well. Their employees enjoy working for companies that support their customers and want to keep their knowledgeable employees.

My hat is off to you MARS for being able to run the site as well as you did with all the backlash that I have to think you were getting on a regular basis. I enjoyed the information that was available. I tried to contribute to the discussions and with information when and where I could.

If the DHS started rocking the boat, it could have come from one of several divisions if you want to call them that. Over the years, I have probably worked with most of them. Always found them to be friendly and easy to work with. But they were looking for my help and not coming after me for one reason or another.

The group will just have to sit back and cool their heals till things and the dust settles down. Knowing the pace that the DHS works at, it will probably be a while. So we all should just go to some of the good movies or watch some good shows on the tube. Maybe go on a trip or spend some serious time with the fishing pole. It might be into the winter hunting season before we hear anything.

So enough of the finger pointing. Leave the site founders alone and have some peace and quiet till some good words surface.

com501

I am just biding my time. Pretty sure that Ma M wasn't the instigator. We shall see what occurs. The 'team' is still out there, be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.