• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Is it ILLEGAL to have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croaker90

Is it ILLEGAL to have RED/BLUE lights inside your car (on your visor) if you are not a Vol. Fire Fighter, EMS, or Officer?

Are they LEGAL as long as they are turned OFF, or are they ILLEGAL even if they are turned OFF, and your visor is up, not visible to traffic?

I Live in Corpus Christi (Portland, Texas).

Thanks, Croaker.

KLH

Premium Subscriber
NM = Never Mind

And since someone is going to ask it, I will go ahead and ask it first, since everyone is wondering..

Why do you need the lights in your car if you are not fire/police/ems?

Croaker90

I don't know.

There cool to have, and I turn them on in my driveway, or when I'm at work. or at a friends house.

I don't turn them on in public places, I have them unpluged, and my visors put up.

Croak

Croaker90

I'm not going to be no "whacker" (killer?)

I have always wanted to be a police officer, since I was like 5 years old.

I would never kill someone, unless in self defense.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Croaker90 said:
I would never kill someone, unless in self defense.

Why not? Have you ever really thought about it? Don't you think it'd be great to put someone in a wood chipper, feet first?

Oh, go ahead and run those lights all you want, that way when you're in jail the Navy won't bother to accept you....

cstockmyer

First time you get stopped with thoes lights, and have some pointed questions to answer. I think you should just loose the lights while your still free to do so.

Last edited:

Ch1ronTL34

I would guess that the laws vary by state, so you should consult your state's traffic laws to find out for sure. You're going to be a police officer in 7 months? Have you not discussed this in the academy? I've never been to police academy so I don't know if they get to this or not.

Croaker90

I havn't even talked to an officer, except my cousin.

I'm thinking about joining the militarty for 4 years as a Military Police (MP) and then becoming a Police Officer.

I still havn't made up my mind, but I will in 7 months, because I will be 18 then.
I have to be 21 to be a Police Officer but I can become a Sheriff at 18 I think.

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
Maybe you aren't a whacker. You might be a WannaBe.

These types are overwhelming in their goal to become a police officer or fire fighter some day. Less than 5% of wannabe's ever advanced further than an armed security guard or a happy helper who helps those who don't want or need it.

Croaker90

I have wanted to be a Cop since I was like 5 and I'll be 18 soon, so I am going for it.

I havn't even thought about anything else that I would do, so I have no clue what I would do if I wouldn't become a cop.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
For those of you reporting this thread or thinking of it: there's nothing wrong and if the topic or content bothers you please move on. I see nothing wrong as it's what you get when this question is asked.

If there is any harsh language, childish name calling (such as "whacker!") or severe attacking, report it, otherwise move on please. Now that this is is Wasteland you better develop thick skin.......or leave. Maturity is still required, so act with it.

Last edited:

rabidjade

A kid who actively wants to have red and blue lights in their car "for the fun of it" probably has no business going into law enforcement. You probably have the wrong impression of what an LEO does and will either be sorely disappointed OR you will live the power trip up and make other LEO's look bad. Leave the lights to the REAL professionals and remove whatever you might have installed to save you from being harassed by LE agencies and ruining any chance of being a future LEO.

mciupa

DB Administrator
Take them out of the car and hook them up in your bedroom and watch the pretty lights dance on your walls and ceilings. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.