Is The Antenna Farm a good company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbehr91

Premium Subscriber
You think 7 days is slow shipping? What country do you live in? The US Post Office takes that long to deliver a letter next door.

The U.S. of course. Ohio to be exact. I've ordered tons of stuff online over the years going back to the early 2000s from various sources and on average I get stuff in 3-4 days whether it's USPS or UPS. IMO, while prices for shipping have gone up delivery times have gotten shorter.

The antenna did come today. Chide me all you want, but I'll probably no longer order from the company. I wasn't impressed at all with the packaging and the slow shipping. They just put it in a rectangular box. I realize it's just a metal rod with a matte plastic base, but still. I've ordered antennas from other places and they put in some sort of packing materials in the box so it doesn't move about in the box.

dstew67

Premium Subscriber
Here's my two cents. I've never experienced anything negative with the company, and I went back through my email, it looks like I've ordered twice from them, once in 2012 and once in January. Both were shipped the day after I ordered.

I'm not sure anyone is chiding you, cbehr91. I think I would be frustrated if I were in your shoes. It's just that I wasn't, and it appears others haven't.

I also agree with whoever said, "you get what you pay for." Honestly, if I need something right away, I'm lucky enough to have a couple stores in my city I can go to. You might not be as lucky.

I'm not sure what my experiences mean, except that maybe I was lucky enough to find them on a good day, and they were quick enough to have shipped my orders the following day. Like I said, my two cents.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Also, many suppliers have minimum order quantities. I've had direct experience with R&L Electronics saying that an item was on back-order and that they wouldn't be able to fill the back-order until they had enough of an order to meet the supplier's minimum.

jawinner

Wanted to add my experience to the list. I've ordered from them twice, both online orders, last one a couple weeks ago. Got what I ordered in a reasonable amount of time, good prices, but communication was a little thin. (like for example - getting a tracking number and not knowing if it was actually a tracking number or even what trucking company to use it with so I had to clarify) Kind of wonder if I needed to return something how that would work out - but I can't complain about my two purchases from them.

oskar

I've ordered from them a half dozen times over the past two years and have had nothing but excellent service. Shipping has been very timely. On one occasion I asked to add an item to an order but was told it was too late - and I was given an order code for free shipping on that item. Nothing but good things to say about this company.

VE2XWA

Same for me. Im dealing everytime i can with them. My number one place for connector, adapter and "by the foots" cable.

kf7yn

Ditto on the good service for me too. I ordered once by phone a year or two ago and a couple weeks ago online. I usually buy from HRO Denver but Antenna Farm's price was better for items under $100 with shipping figured in.

KE0GXN

I have ordered from them a couple of times and have received nothing but great service!

On my first order, the coax work bench was busy, which caused a minor delay in getting my run put together. They ended up getting it done within a day of the delay and upgraded my shipping free of charge so that I would end up receiving it when originally expected .

Very responsive customer service, I was responded to by the owner himself every time, even though I initiated my inquires through their CS submission page.

Will order from them exclusively from now on for all my antenna needs. :)

miserytom

I've ordered from antenna farm a few times. Antenna mounts , antennas , and cables with unusual connectors , haven't had any trouble

Ryangn

I had a good experience with them the last time I used them so I just placed another order with them yesterday. No complaints here!

Delta

Extremely poor business practice

I'm a new customer to TheAntennaFarm. I had a eye opening very negative experience. I placed an order for commercial grade coaxial Hard-line (Value 300$) from TheAntennaFarm early on a Tuesday morning, I paid for expedited shipping and processing. I also left a comment in the actual order form field about needing the product by a specific day (Friday). I received my order confirmation and receipt a few hours after placing the order. I sent an email later the same day to inquire if I would receive a tracking number. After receiving no reply. I called the next day. Unfortunately here is where things start to turn. Calling the 1(800) number goes directly to voice mail. But calling the "Direct" number listed someone answered. When I ask about the order I was told it was just boxed up. I ask about the shipping, to get the order by Friday. I was told she would speak with someone and return my call. About an hour later "John" called me back and said my order was boxed up and it will be here by March 25th-28th. It should have arrived Friday the 18th, which is what I paid for. I ask him about the expedited shipping and he disconnected the call. I called back and spoke to the lady again and explained the problem (In a very polite but concerned way). She also disconnected my call. I called back again, and ask what's going on? I stated I'm not comfortable with how this is working out. I paid for the shipping. Its a time constraint issue. I need the product by Friday (March 18th) I offered to pay for even high shipping at over 100$ more. I was disconnected again. I called back. "John" answers and says The material has been cut, and packaged there's nothing more I can do for you. By the time I ask about the shipping again I was disconnected. I called back and the lady answers. I ask to PLEASE cancel the order immediately! I was told I'm not allowed to cancel the order. I was disconnected again. Moments after being disconnected I received an email stating No Refunds, No returns, No exceptions. By this time I had already contacted my credit card provider for assistance. While on the phone with the credit card provider John from TheAntennaFarm returns my call. I then placed him on Three-Way with the Credit Card company to resolve the issue. He said. "If you want to use **Explicit** Big Brother bank to **Explicit** me over, That's on you! This is fraud! I have nothing to do with you anymore." And he ended the call. We have this transaction on record, via Credit Card company. Please, buyer beware. I've been through the ringer over this. There was zero cooperation on their part at all. The solution being so simple. I'm a very reasonable and rational individual. However, this experience and their behavior should never be tolerated. The public needs to be aware of experiences such as this.

wesley2099

Problems

I have ordered several items from the antenna farm and have never had a single problem all orders arrived earlier than expected with basic standard shipping.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I'm a new customer to TheAntennaFarm. I had a eye opening very negative experience. I placed an order for commercial grade coaxial Hard-line (Value 300$) from TheAntennaFarm early on a Tuesday morning, I paid for expedited shipping and processing. I also left a comment in the actual order form field about needing the product by a specific day (Friday). I received my order confirmation and receipt a few hours after placing the order. I sent an email later the same day to inquire if I would receive a tracking number. After receiving no reply. I called the next day. Unfortunately here is where things start to turn. Calling the 1(800) number goes directly to voice mail. But calling the "Direct" number listed someone answered. When I ask about the order I was told it was just boxed up. I ask about the shipping, to get the order by Friday. I was told she would speak with someone and return my call. About an hour later "John" called me back and said my order was boxed up and it will be here by March 25th-28th. It should have arrived Friday the 18th, which is what I paid for. I ask him about the expedited shipping and he disconnected the call. I called back and spoke to the lady again and explained the problem (In a very polite but concerned way). She also disconnected my call. I called back again, and ask what's going on? I stated I'm not comfortable with how this is working out. I paid for the shipping. Its a time constraint issue. I need the product by Friday (March 18th) I offered to pay for even high shipping at over 100$ more. I was disconnected again. I called back. "John" answers and says The material has been cut, and packaged there's nothing more I can do for you. By the time I ask about the shipping again I was disconnected. I called back and the lady answers. I ask to PLEASE cancel the order immediately! I was told I'm not allowed to cancel the order. I was disconnected again. Moments after being disconnected I received an email stating No Refunds, No returns, No exceptions. By this time I had already contacted my credit card provider for assistance. While on the phone with the credit card provider John from TheAntennaFarm returns my call. I then placed him on Three-Way with the Credit Card company to resolve the issue. He said. "If you want to use **Explicit** Big Brother bank to **Explicit** me over, That's on you! This is fraud! I have nothing to do with you anymore." And he ended the call. We have this transaction on record, via Credit Card company. Please, buyer beware. I've been through the ringer over this. There was zero cooperation on their part at all. The solution being so simple. I'm a very reasonable and rational individual. However, this experience and their behavior should never be tolerated. The public needs to be aware of experiences such as this.
I use them occasionally for little odds and ends but hardline, always order through hutton or tessco.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I have ordered through them several times. No problem with any of the items I received, but confirmation of the order and final delivery did take some time. If I am not in a rush for something, they're on my list.

KE0GXN

Used them a few times also. Never had an issue. Even interacted with John a few times via email and received nothing but prompt/informative responses each time.

They are priced more reasonably than other entities when it comes to antennas and related accessories in my opinion.

trp2525

I ordered from The Antenna Farm very recently and had a very positive experience. I placed my order online in the early afternoon (eastern time) and it was shipped out the same day via USPS. It arrived just 2 days after ordering with just standard shipping charges.

The item I ordered was a 3" stubby antenna which arrived in the manufacturer's original packaging pouch. It didn't weigh much (package total 3 oz.) so I was pleased that they offered a very economical first-class shipping option which was only $3.40. For comparison, another very reputable online radio dealer wanted $9.95 for shipping the same item and the price of the item itself was $2 more than The Antenna Farm.

W5KVV

I ordered 5 grand worth of equipment from them a few months ago for a upcoming repeater build our club is working on. Antenna, duplexer, hardline, everything. They left out a small part of the order, a grounding bar for the inside of the repeater hut. I gave them a call regarding the missing part. They were extremely apologetic and OVERNIGHTED it to me. Plus they were cheaper than anyone else, including Tessco, for the db224, Sinclair duplexer and hardline.

SCPD

QRT
Just ordered from them. Great price. Fast shipping. Great communication. Antenna was packaged well to prevent damage during shipping. I will purchase from them again.

PlumCreek

Premium Subscriber
Ditto what sabmc posted. Had a question about a connection to the antenna-got a prompt reply-ordered the antenna on a Friday-arrived on the following Monday. Very fast service.

Status
Not open for further replies.