Is The Antenna Farm a good company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9omw

No complaints

After reading all the negative comments online I was very leery about ordering from them.
However, after ordering twice now, I don't understand all the flack.
Great service, fast shipping and fair prices as far as I am concerned.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
i did a quick total of everything i've ordered from him.
$529 on my personal account, $1100ish on my corporate card from my previous job.

Thats all antennas, accessories, adaptors, mounts.

Thats a LOT of crap, and i've never had an issue at all.

Edit: Oh wait. I remember an issue once. VHF antenna, sent it in triangle box, which got bent in transit. I emailed him and they sent me a replacement whip for it in a tube without charge.

Last edited:

ion_op

Wont do business with them

I emailed theantemmafarm asking about mobile mounts. The terse response I got gave me the impression they didn't want or care for my business so I took it and did business with HRO. This was my first and last dealing with this business.

Last edited:
M

mpg0515

I emailed theantemmafarm asking about mobile mounts. The terse response I got gave me the impression they didn't want or care for my business so I took it and did business with HRO. This was my first and last dealing with this business.

A basic order for me (1 HT antenna)....

Ordered around the 20th of December. Received a full refund today via Ppal. OK? No explanation whatsoever. Nearly a month of waiting for 1 HT antenna and then a sudden refund.

I'll pass on all future purchases from this place!! What a terrible company!

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if I'm posing in the right place but I've ordered (4) UHF Quarterwave Antennas for my local FD rigs, and service and ship times have been great! I've been trying to buy another for a few weeks now and the site kept saying "Down for Maintenance". I checked 1 last time today and it says closed due to owner medical issues. Anyone know of another place I could use, that won't break the bank?

clbsquared

Not sure if I'm posing in the right place but I've ordered (4) UHF Quarterwave Antennas for my local FD rigs, and service and ship times have been great! I've been trying to buy another for a few weeks now and the site kept saying "Down for Maintenance". I checked 1 last time today and it says closed due to owner medical issues. Anyone know of another place I could use, that won't break the bank?

https://www.tessco.com/

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
portroyalbirdy- Don't know if I would put a mobile on my wheelchair with 50 watts transmitting only a couple feet from my head but I do have Handheld Radio's mounted to my wheelchair when I go out. I use a couple of mounts available at Lido Radio (Mounts for Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu, Wouxon, Alinco, Bao Fen). They have several options for all kinds of mounting solutions. I use the cup holder mount with my cup holders and also have the seat bolt mount with extension plate attached to my wheelchair. This is the only way to fly if you are a radio head like me.

trp2525

I have used Economy 2-Way Distributors, Inc. in Laconia, New Hampshire for some of my antenna needs in the past with good results. I found their pricing on what I was purchasing to be very good and their service was prompt/reliable with reasonable shipping costs.

Here's a link to their website including phone and email contact information: Economy 2-Way Distributors Inc. - Two Way Radios, Batteries, Accessories

cbehr91

Premium Subscriber
They must have gotten their act together after reopening. Ordered an obscure handheld antenna and it arrived in two days from Montana to Ohio, and that was with USPS First Class Mail (the cheapest).

VE2XWA

Very happy!

Just got my order from Antenna Farm. As usual very happy, fast shipping, good price and good communication. Number one place for coax, connectors and antennas!

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I'm still out $70 from a erroneous shipment before he got sick.

rbomba

Premium Subscriber
The Antenna Farm Website

Hello everyone - has anyone had any bad experiences with this website? I ordered something on 1/6/18 and the order is still processing. I called....no answer. I email.....no response.

I have read in the historic threads that this guy was sick for a while and just recently opened again.

I made a purchase, they charged my credit card, and now they are unresponsive.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks to all...

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I have ordered in the past and no problem. One time they advised an item was out of stock and I replied that I was willing to wait and to just charge the card. I forget if it was via email or phone. It took a week or two just for them to get it in stock, but I was not in a rush and their price was considerably lower than others for that item.

I too would find their lack of response odd. It's Monday, give it another go.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I ordered an antenna mount some time ago (before their troubles). It didn't fill my needs. They acknowledged the return but I still haven't seen the refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.