• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

is the DB25 accessory pinout on the M7100 the same as the M7300

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostSignal

some of you have probably seen my first post and know that I work along side the fire departments. Anyways, I've been looking desperately for an answer on the accessory pinout for the M7300? Is the M7100 accessory pinout the same as the M7300???

I just need the PTT pins that are used (i.e. PTT+ and PTT-) AND the audio pins as well (i.e. when you key the MIC what are the MIC audio pins)?

Thank you guys for helping me out!!!

IF there is another thread about this, I HIGHLY apologize for a second thread.

I MUST build a radio interface cable for a fire station in Colorado. Again, thank you guys for reading.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Do you need the pinout for the 44-pin connector on the radio unit or the 25-pin connector on the control head?

I'll post a brief pinout since this forum hates it when i try to post a nicely-formatted version:

Pin:
1 - Ground
9 - Input 2 (you'll need to assign this to PTT, or Input 1. Put this pin to ground to key radio)
22 - Input 1
24 - Ext_Mic (This pin is summed into the normal mic audio path)

The 'normal' PTT and Mic lines are only present on the mic jack itself, but I have interfaced several radios this way and it works just fine.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

LostSignal

Do you need the pinout for the 44-pin connector on the radio unit or the 25-pin connector on the control head?

I'll post a brief pinout since this forum hates it when i try to post a nicely-formatted version:

Pin:
1 - Ground
9 - Input 2 (you'll need to assign this to PTT, or Input 1. Put this pin to ground to key radio)
22 - Input 1
24 - Ext_Mic (This pin is summed into the normal mic audio path)

The 'normal' PTT and Mic lines are only present on the mic jack itself, but I have interfaced several radios this way and it works just fine.

Hope that helps!

There is no control head. I have to work tomorrow and I'll see if I can post a picture that was sent to me of the back of the radio itself. There is a 9pin female and there is a 25pin female on the back of the unit from what I remember seeing in the picture.

I can tell you this, that in one of the pictures, it is an M7300 mobile according to the sticker on the radio.

Thanks for everyone's help thus far though...

LostSignal

here is the picture of the radio

to DisasterGuy, the radio has a DE9 connector and a DB25 connector. Other than that, as you can see in the picture, there are no other interface ports. Either way, I thank you for constantly helping me.

Here are the pic's:

Attachments

• M7300_1.jpg
    M7300_1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 2,965
  • M7300_2.jpg
    M7300_2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 2,363

LMR_Dude

DisasterGuy

The photo that you have posted is the CH-721 control head, not the actual radio. You would interface to it using the CA-011854-001 CH-721 Option Cable or you could simply build your own if you wish. The pinout is attached. As mentioned, using the option connector for PTT will require programming.

Attachments

• CH-721 Option Cable.jpg
    CH-721 Option Cable.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 7,680

LostSignal

THANK YOU ALL!!! I will let you ALL know how it turns out. My boss agrees that their radio shop needs to tell me what PTT is programmed on in order for me to "build" their radio interface cable. YOU GUYS ARE JUST AWESOME!!! I'm NOT a radio tech, but am slowly being put into that sorta position. My MAIN responsibility is the main alerting unit and the back-up alerting unit... NOT radios. However, I do build, MOSTLY, Motorola cables (i.e. CDM, XTL, MCS200, etc) radio interface cables. Anyways, that is just a little bit about what I do just to give you guys some idea about me.

Well, AGAIN, THANK YOU ALL!!! I'll make sure to let you guys know how it went.

Take care people!!!

BTW, going for my HAM here, reading the Gordon West book as of right now. I'm hoping that having my HAM license, it will help me understand radio systems a bit better. Right now, it's, more or less, learn as I go.

LMR_Dude

I've interfaced a M7300 to a wireless David Clark used in fire engines. Knowing which input line the radio is expecting is key .

What the use of your radio and why do need to build this cable? I'm just curious. You mentioned this is for a FD in Colorado and I work on public safety radios in the Denver area.

LostSignal

without going into great detail

I've interfaced a M7300 to a wireless David Clark used in fire engines. Knowing which input line the radio is expecting is key .

What the use of your radio and why do need to build this cable? I'm just curious. You mentioned this is for a FD in Colorado and I work on public safety radios in the Denver area.

When CAD/dispatch alerts a fire station(s) one of the devices that I'm responsible for keys the radio and gives information on that particular radio channel, in this case it is going to be keying the M7300 that you see in the picture.

Thanks for asking and thanks for your help as well. Like I said, I'm NOT a radio tech, but I am familiar with the pinouts of CDM's, XTL, MCS2000, AstroSpectra, etc but I am new when it comes to Harris. More and more fire stations that we deal with are utilizing Harris M7300 or the CS7000 desktop station. This just happen to be one of those jobs where it was really NOT all that sure WHAT kind of radios they were going to be using... a long story in itself. Hence, the desperation of finding the pinout.

Again, thank you and I will let you guys know how it went.

Status
Not open for further replies.