Is the Feed Down Notifications Not Working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2guntom

I used to get a Message from RR Notify to let me know my feed went offline. Is that stuff broke?

I just discovered my feed has been off for over an hour and I got ZERO notifications...

Which is pretty stupid since I could have turned around and walked a few steps and fixed it...

2guntom

It's getting worse-

Broadcastify and RadioReference share the exact same user database - so there are no differences between accounts on Broadcastify and RadioReference.

Your email address on file came back "user not found" for (my email address) - make sure that email address is correct.

Thanks,

--
Lindsay C. Blanton III
CEO / Founder
Broadcastify.com
"

I've been broadcasting since 3/4/2010, in fact, I'm broadcasting now, but I'm not in the system?

Uh, boy...

2guntom

Well, since I'm talking to myself here, I might as well finish the conversation since I hate leaving things undone...

I don't know why it was sooooo hard to understand that I wasn't getting my notices about my feed going down... but it was.

I guess my email address bounced whilst Yahoo in their infinite wisdom updated the email stuff, YET AGAIN, and shut down hundreds of thousands of accounts in early October. Mine failed on the 8th and I fixed it on the 10th, but I guess RadioReference/Broadcastify never reset it at their end...

Well,

they reset it! It works!

I shut the feed off and 16 minutes later I got an email "Feed Down - Last seen 16 minutes ago"

Amazing!

Well, I'm done now. Maybe I'll come back to the forum in another 3 years and talk to myself again...

Sorry if I woke you.

SCPD

QRT
This really isn't something that other users can help you with. Contacting support is the only way to fix problems like this.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I had to shut my feed down for a while the other night to upgrade to Mavericks and got the feed down/feed back up emails. Not sure why you haven't been getting them.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
He's referring to the form that's on the Help tab in the feed owner's admin interface, that form does create a support ticket which is sent to the audio admin team (vs the "Report a Problem" button on the feed pages which sends an e-mail to the feed provider).

I believe trouble tickets go to the feed owner, not the admins.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Ah, got it. Thanks.

He's referring to the form that's on the Help tab in the feed owner's admin interface, that form does create a support ticket which is sent to the audio admin team (vs the "Report a Problem" button on the feed pages which sends an e-mail to the feed provider).

Status
Not open for further replies.