Is the Uniden bc75xlt any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdenfuny

Premium Subscriber
If one is only interested in following analog frequencies and maybe only one the order of 20 or so, is there any reason not to get the Uniden bc75xlt over some of the more advanced scanners? I get that the bc75xlt does analog frequencies and that it has more than 20 memory channels that it will scan, but will a more advanced model give anything more in this area?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It greatly depends on where you are, tden. Once we know where you are (county/state is fine), then folks can jump in with more definitive answers than 'maybe'

Mike

N8IAA

OP should click on the triangle and ask the mods to move this to the Ohio state forum, since they live in Mahoning county, OH.
Larry

tdenfuny

Premium Subscriber
I know where I live and my question isn't about what scanner would be good for my specific location. I know that I only want to listen to about 20 analogue frequencies. And I know that the 75xlt does this, but is there any reason to pick a more advanced model? Will a more advanced model offer better reception on the analogue frequencies? For example, the bc125at will allow you to assign names to each frequencies. But does the 125at receive better?

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
There probably isn't a significant difference between the performance of the bc75 or bc125 for what you're wanting to use it for. I would say that you may want to look outside scanners if you want to see the best performance. Maybe something from AOR, Icom and Alinco all offer receivers that should perform (sensitivity,selectivity) better than a regular scanner.

Jeff.

tdenfuny

Premium Subscriber
There probably isn't a significant difference between the performance of the bc75 or bc125 for what you're wanting to use it for. I would say that you may want to look outside scanners if you want to see the best performance. Maybe something from AOR, Icom and Alinco all offer receivers that should perform (sensitivity,selectivity) better than a regular scanner.

Jeff.

So something like an icom r6?

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
I personally prefer something with a full keypad, like the r20, or aor 8200. Unfortunately, the r20 is discontinued and the aor is kind of expensive. Aor has the dj11, that looks pretty decent and has a reasonable price. If you don't mind the limited keypad of the r6, it should do what you want. You can check out the specs on all of them in the link below:

Wideband Receiver Index

Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.