BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Is there a bug reporting location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5JCK

So where do we submit bugs reports to Uniden? The Uniden website is an absolute, pathetic mess, at least in the Support area. Most of the links haven't worked in months/years. Just to find a darn manual or file is a chore. Uniden seems to have moved over here to take care of support. So where do we submit bug reports?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'd say this is a better place regardless of Uniden's site. A lot more folks can provide feedback on issues reported. Most likely any problem someone notices has been seen by others who can offer ideas.

W5JCK

I'd say this is a better place regardless of Uniden's site. A lot more folks can provide feedback on issues reported. Most likely any problem someone notices has been seen by others who can offer ideas.

Although you are probably correct this is a better site fore SOME people with all the independent information, Uniden definitely needs a working Support website wherein we can simply type in our model number and be taken to a page with all the latest files for downloading such as firmware updates, manuals, Sentinel, etc. I'm appalled at their total lack of professionalism. When someone pays $400 to $600 for a scanner they should NEVER have to use Google to find the support for it. Nor should they be forced onto a snarky website like RadioReference to find support among all the wolves and *********s who troll here.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Nor should they be forced onto a snarky website like RadioReference to find support among all the wolves and *********s who troll here.

Consulting Google for product support is not just a Uniden problem.

I would say the support you receive here far surpasses anything a scanner manufacturer could provide. You're surrounded by scanner-heads instead of technical support technicians working off a script.

As an added bonus, I don't know of any company where the product manager himself is an active participant in support forums.

There's no sense in feeling forced to find support among the "wolves" here so I recommend you check out communications.support where you may feel more welcomed.

W5JCK

Consulting Google for product support is not just a Uniden problem.

I would say the support you receive here far surpasses anything a scanner manufacturer could provide. You're surrounded by scanner-heads instead of technical support technicians working off a script.

As an added bonus, I don't know of any company where the product manager himself is an active participant in support forums.

There's no sense in feeling forced to find support among the "wolves" here so I recommend you check out communications.support where you may feel more welcomed.

Where the heck is Paul? Not seeing him address any of the issues we brought up about this FW update. And again, a lot of companies have terrific CS websites and so should Uniden. I personally hate coming to this forum for any help because there are too many Uniden puppets here!

Last edited by a moderator:

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
...I personally hate coming to this forum for any help because there are too many Uniden puppets here!

Well don't let the door hit you on the way out... Nobody is going to hold it for you.

Seriously, try dropping the attitude. No I am not a Uniden puppet.

MStep

Where the heck is Paul? Not seeing him address any of the issues we brought up about this FW update. And again, a lot of companies have terrific CS websites and so should Uniden. I personally hate coming to this forum for any help because there are too many Uniden puppets here!

It may seem like they dropped the firmware update bomb and then everybody left town in a hurry. But my guess is the once Monday rolls around and Paul sees some of the posts, he'll be able to duplicate the problems pretty quickly and go to work on them.

In the meantime, there is a link around here somewhere to all the firmware updates that have been issued--- I'm sure someone will post it here shortly, and with some luck, the previous firmware for the x36 will be available for those who want to roll back.

I don't think that the latest firmware is a complete disaster--- at least it didn't disable everyone's radios, although things pretty much did not go as planned. I'm suspecting that the combination of new firmware and new Sentinel package caused something to get skewed.

I usually wait a week or two before installing new firmware updates--- in this case I updated my 436 but not my 536. My advice would be not to panic at this point--- most of you who know me also know that I am not a Uniden "puppet" or fanboy, and that I have been fairly critical of Uniden's practices, especially pertaining to the x36 series. Let's just give this til Monday or Tuesday to see if Paul chimes in, and then we should have a better idea of what is going on.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
It may seem like they dropped the firmware update bomb and then everybody left town in a hurry. But my guess is the once Monday rolls around and Paul sees some of the posts, he'll be able to duplicate the problems pretty quickly and go to work on them.

In the meantime, there is a link around here somewhere to all the firmware updates that have been issued--- I'm sure someone will post it here shortly, and with some luck, the previous firmware for the x36 will be available for those who want to roll back.

I don't think that the latest firmware is a complete disaster--- at least it didn't disable everyone's radios, although things pretty much did not go as planned. I'm suspecting that the combination of new firmware and new Sentinel package caused something to get skewed.

I usually wait a week or two before installing new firmware updates--- in this case I updated my 436 but not my 536. My advice would be not to panic at this point--- most of you who know me also know that I am not a Uniden "puppet" or fanboy, and that I have been fairly critical of Uniden's practices, especially pertaining to the x36 series. Let's just give this til Monday or Tuesday to see if Paul chimes in, and then we should have a better idea of what is going on.

Here is the link...

Index of /files/firmwares

KE0GXN

So where do we submit bugs reports to Uniden? The Uniden website is an absolute, pathetic mess, at least in the Support area. Most of the links haven't worked in months/years. Just to find a darn manual or file is a chore. Uniden seems to have moved over here to take care of support. So where do we submit bug reports?

Agree 100%. I have yet to find any Uniden support resource that is of any use. Broken links and unresponsive sites that claim to offer all kinds of assistance, that in reality have been abandoned.

Although you are probably correct this is a better site fore SOME people with all the independent information, Uniden definitely needs a working Support website wherein we can simply type in our model number and be taken to a page with all the latest files for downloading such as firmware updates, manuals, Sentinel, etc. you I'm appalled at their total lack of profeussionalism. When someone pays $400 to $600 for a scanner they should NEVER have to use Google to find the support for it. Nor should they be forced onto a snarky website like RadioReference to find support among all the wolves and *********s who troll here.

Again, you are correct. Any customer should to be able to at a minimum call or email a company they engage in commerce with....get prompt, intelligent and courteous service.

Now this is where I disagree with you....This site and it's members are the best by far I have ever encountered in cyber space forums. Most of these guys will bend over backwards to help someone out. I have never been a member of an internet forum as helpful as this one period. So, I don't where you get the "wovles" analogy from, in the few years I have been a member I have not seen what you speak of??

I am not familiar with Paul nor have I interacted with him on here, so to be honest I have no real opinion of him. Could he be more helpful? Probably. But at the end of day we all know who signs his checks, so I would not expect him nor any other Uniden employee to acknowledge the abysmal service and at times unresponsiveness that you and even I at times have expressed on here. Is what it is...

As far as the Uniden cheerleaders, well that is their right. If guys want to pretend that Uniden is doing all it can and adressing issues in a timely manner....good for them....may they live in Uniden bliss. I for one don't agree with that, but to each their own.

With that said, I will be the first one to acknowledge those same cheerleaders, like everyone else on here will be one of the first ones to offer you feedback and or solutions to any questions or issues you may have. At the end of the day, whether we agree with eachother views or not, we are all fellow hobbyist who what nothing more than to be able to enjoy our radios.

In sum my man, Uniden issues aside, I implore you give this place a shot and I guarantee you will find most everyone on here is more than willing to help you out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.