is there a way to record live feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanningcentrecounty

Premium Subscriber
is there a way to record live feeds? I'm just looking to be able to record the last 5 minutes or so of a feed, actually multiple feeds at the same time will even be better. thanks bob

krd400

Is there a way to record live feeds

Download Audacity. It's free and will record anything you can hear on your computer.

QDP2012

Some thoughts, which you might already know, but just in case:
  • Broadcastify already archives the feeds, so you can use the archives instead of setting up your own recording system.
  • Depending on the type of computer you use to listen to the feeds, you could use recording software to capture the audio stream.
  • Other than that, you can connect a recorder to your computer's headphones jack and record "externally".
Hope this helps,

scanningcentrecounty

Premium Subscriber
thanks for the reply, let me explain in more detail, I have gotten into dispatching for ipn and I am sometimes using multiple instances of ScannerLive , on 2 separate pc's (I am willing to stream/record many separate feeds in other ways if needed (winamp or something else?) with volume muted if needed) because i have a extreme broadband speeds , and I sometimes need to RE-listen to get the info right,
I am just looking for a way to REWIND a feed even if it is just for a few minutes

I am aware of the archives but they are not immediately available. unless I'm missing something they are not available till 30 mins afterwards, yes sometimes if it is at the right time I can use them. but not always.
I am using win7 64bit custom built pc with plenty of storage.

and I can not go old school tape recorder because of the number of feeds that I would need to record. and for another project I do have this coming 2 Pack USB External 7 1 Channel 3D Virtual Audio Sound Card Adapter PC A 229 2P | eBay I would be grateful for any suggestions thanks again
sorry for the grammar mistakes

PDQFire

Does anyone know how I can record 10-20 live audio feeds from Broadcastify? I am a premium member.
Is there software that can do this?

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Take a look at Radiolog over at responderapps.com , it will do what you need and is fantastic software.

PDQFire

Jake,
Thanks for the suggestion. I just bought Radiolog a few days ago.
I am having issues with it recording a lot of static in some of the frequencies.
Do you know how to set it up so this will not happen?
Ideally I want to be able to record only when tones from the fire department is called nod possible any activity for the next 20 minutes.
Do you how this can be done?
Tim

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I don't use it to record, so unfortunately no. Playing with the noise level settings may help with the static, but if it is a poor quality feed in general I don't know how you would get around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.