Is there anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

K0JAD

within reasonable distance to Surprise who would help me program my new BCD996XT. I am an old guy and up until now I have programmed all my own scanners (and ham radio equipment) but I cannot conquer this radio. I only want to learn to do it myself in the future. I have been sent to the "easier to read manual" several times but it just doesn't help me. I would be very appreciative. jimhurd36@cox.net.

unclebobby

Premium Subscriber
You can do it.

KOJAD, I have a BCD996T,and a BCD396T and did both of mine by hand myself, with the help of the scannerstuff Southwest Frequency Directory, and RR Web site
First ,I looked at the back of the owners manual to see what I could delete to open up some
channels to put what I wanted to listen to.

Second, I put in groups, (police , Fire ect... Then looked them up in book ,and RR.

Found the Freq. used ,found talk groups, wrought it down (Typed it out on computer)
Made a three ring binder with all this.

I started to input it all and in about a couple of months I started to finally under stand
how to do it .
If i ran into a problem with a system I would try all the info with different FQs,or TGID's
until it would work better than the earlier system.

I did use some of the numbers from the scanner itself, Band Plans,TGID, things like that.

This is my 1st go round with Digital Scanners.

I can hear : MPD,AJPD,GPD,TPD,SPD,PPD,PCSO,MCCSO,MFD,GFD,RMFD,PFD,
AZDPS,News Helos,Med Evacs,RR,Airports Public,.

I like both of them very much and am very glad I have them to enjoy.
I live in east mesa. I hope this helps you out,and gives you an Idea on programing your
scanner.
Good luck,Take Care,Bob

K0JAD

Thanks Bob. I appreciate your post. Congratulations on your ability to program your BCD996XT without help. I have an appointment tomorrow with a fellow user who lives nearby and has offered to help me with my scanner. I expect that tomorrow at this time my $500 radio will actually do as it is supposed to do. Thanks for your effort. Best wishes, Jim de K0JAD, Surprise AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.