• No

Votes: 31 73.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
I'd like to see an SDS base scanner the size of the Icom R8600, with a larger display screen, big knurled tuning knob, fat rubber feet, and adjustable fonts. Wideband coverage, DMR/NXDN, the works. Sounds like a dream, but we never know what they have up their sleeve per future products. Ya never know....

JD
kf4anc
This would be sweet. Shortly after the SDS200 came out, and posts were made about it, I chimed in about how Uniden missed a big opportunity by not making what you just mentioned. My post was deleted and was banned for a week. Uniden police no doubt had their hand in on that. Was considering the SDS200 but after that incident, I bought a Icom R30. No regrets. The 8600 will be next.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
This would be sweet. Shortly after the SDS200 came out, and posts were made about it, I chimed in about how Uniden missed a big opportunity by not making what you just mentioned. My post was deleted and was banned for a week. Uniden police no doubt had their hand in on that. Was considering the SDS200 but after that incident, I bought a Icom R30. No regrets. The 8600 will be next.

Let's clear the air. We don't like to air our dirty laundry in public but since you've now made two claims against us in public it's only fair that we can respond in public.

Your post was deleted along with a bunch made by others because they were off-topic. You were subsequently banned when you attacked a Moderator in a follow up post.

There was no Uniden involvement.

End of story.

Last edited:

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I think this thread needs to be closed. There currently is no SDS 500 and further speculation on the subject would just create chaos.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Not sure how speculation about a possible Uniden product violates any of our rules?

As long as the discussion is respectful, there's no need to close it.

Reactions: RRR

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I think this thread needs to be closed. There currently is no SDS 500 and further speculation on the subject would just create chaos.

Not sure how speculation about a possible Uniden product violates any of our rules?

As long as the discussion is respectful, there's no need to close it.

Yeah, let's close it so people can complain that we are censoring negative Uniden threads...that will solve a lot.

And I'm still waiting on my free ANYTHING from Uniden for giving them preferential treatment. I think I'll be waiting a long time.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Well, "free support" does cost me a significant chunk of "personal" time. Well, to be fair, if I have something else to do, I do that, instead. Today we have thunderstorms and I don't feel like doing laundry, so you've got me for a while.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I would ask but since I already know it is being addressed. I'll just remain calm and wait for the next update....

Status
Not open for further replies.