Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Hi Everyone,
I want to put my scanners in a remote place. Is there a way that I can run and control say 5 scanners on one computer with there butel programs?.
Take care

Moose

Suprising that no one has answered your question. Though I don't have an answer I did see a webpage at Butel that shows a program called scannerstation which may be able to handle your situation. All I can say is give them a call. Down the road I think I will also be wanting the same thing, so let me know what you find out.

Moose

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
tonsoffun said:
Hi Everyone,
I want to put my scanners in a remote place. Is there a way that I can run and control say 5 scanners on one computer with there butel programs?.
Take care

There are a number of ways this can be done. Is the remote place still within your home? Approximately how far away?

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
GreatLakes said:
There are a number of ways this can be done. Is the remote place still within your home? Approximately how far away?

Hi guys,
Bill, yes they will still be in my home. Thanks for the info Moose, i did not see that on butels site.
My question is, how do all the scanners(5 of them) hook up to your system with the scannerstation?. It does not mention a price and makes me wonder how much this will cost.
Take care

Last edited:

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
GreatLakes said:
Are all five radios interfaced with serial ports, USB, or a mix of both?

Probably with the original serial cables that came with the scanners. Also, does anyone know how much the scannerstation software would cost?
Take care

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
You can add additional RS232 serial ports to your computer. Then you can also run multiple instances of Butel's software, each within it's own window. To access, and control that computer from another computer in your home, over a network, use free software such as VNC. This would solve everything but the transfer of audio. Just get a multi-conductor audio cable to transfer the sound from all the scanners, and run it to your control room. This would probably be the most cost effective solution.

I was going to suggest streaming them over your network, but I think it would be too demanding on the computer resources, and bandwidth, for five scanners.

I have a feeling that the ScannerStation software may be too expensive for home use. I think it's intended market it news stations, and dispatch centers. But I could be wrong. Send Gommert Buysen and email requesting a quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.