Is this website still relevant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknishun

Hello. And welcome. Yes, it is still relevant. Why not poke around a bit and read some of the posts here to see
if you find anything of interest. You can always ask your own questions here too. That's what forums are for.

There are plenty of other forums on Radio Reference if you do not like this one. Poke around and explore!

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
So you are 13 years old and it looks like "you" joined RR when you were 10.

That's the age that I started with SWL, CB and monitoring police calls on tunable radios. Except I didn't know what I was doing too much then because my dad and my uncle were teaching me...

Did your dad help you to get on RR? I noticed you only had two posts in 3 years.

Tell us more about yourself and any family members that are teaching you the hobby.

Oh to answer your question... Yes, this is an important site, I may have started when I was 10 but I'm 65 now, I've been doing this Non-Stop all that time and I still learn something new everyday... That's what RR is good for.

It also helps us in buying equipment with reviews and first-hand experiences which helps us to get great equipment or save a lot of money not buying equipment. That makes this site very relevant.

So tell us more about you and why you asked the question.

PS Junior... I think I recognize your username, I think your dad is a member. You ask all the questions you want we are here to help(y)

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Folks, the OP's age, whether it be 13, 16, or 19, is not really germane to his question.

Some of you have posted how this site is relevant to you and that's great! Keep it coming.

kjl13

QRT
Folks, the OP's age, whether it be 13, 16, or 19, is not really germane to his question.

Some of you have posted how this site is relevant to you and that's great! Keep it coming.

Haha, we derailed ourselves quite quickly.
Anyways, just take a quick look around the website. Classfields is a bit on the inactive side, but the forums are quite active, in my opinion.
Whenever I have a question that either I couldn't figure out on my own, I write up a forums post and post it in the correct area. Then boom, within a couple of minutes or a couple of hours it is usually answered. And people knowing what they are talking about seems to be a reassuring theme.

What are your specific interests in radios?

Have a great rest of your day,
Kyle

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Read my post above guys. Do you not recognize the username? This is not a troll, LOL. Again, welcome Junior, do you have any other questions for us? Oh and I'm going to say you are 13 because this site keeps your age up to date because you put your birthday in. You were 10 when your dad helped you sign on.

Last edited:

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber

If you look at the plethora of material available on this web site, you'll find that that's not a relevant question. It deals with virtually every aspect of radio communications from CB to aircraft to commercial radio to amateur, and everything in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.