iSCAN pro-107 increase distance recieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricia37185

I got my husband this scanner for christmas but we are unable to pick up any recption unless we are about 2 miles from the police station. we live about 10 miles from town and dont get anything at all at home but when we go to town it works fine. how can i increase the distance to be able to get recption at the house?

dxradio2003

Pro-107

Hi,

That's a pretty good scanner in my opinion. I have used a RS 800 Mhz antenna as a replacement since I primarily listen to the 800/460 bands. Even the stock antenna seems to work reasonably well at my location (with the exception of VHF-lo band).

Just be sure that you do not have the global attenuation feature on (it's an easy mistake) because this will attenuate (or drastically decrease) the received signal. You can tell if it has been activated because you will see a large "A" at the top of the display.

Hopefully this helps.

---dxradio

N8IAA

I got my husband this scanner for christmas but we are unable to pick up any recption unless we are about 2 miles from the police station. we live about 10 miles from town and dont get anything at all at home but when we go to town it works fine. how can i increase the distance to be able to get recption at the house?

Without putting a location in the header, we don't know where you live and what you are trying to receive. Let us know so we can help.
Larry

tricia37185

I am located in Humphreys county tennessee. It seems he did have the global option set however it still will not pick up here.

tricia37185

To clarify the global thing is off and we still do not get anything. We do get the weather tho.

N8IAA

How did you get the frequencies into the lists? Did you use software, or did you use what was on the SD card when it came from the manufacturer?
If so, you may need to do a RR update to the Library on the SD card, and any firmware updates by using the software. Not familiar with the 107's software, but I do have the GRE version, the PSR-700.
The fact that your county uses LTR Passport, might also be giving the scanner the fits on decoding. Maybe someone from Tennessee can give you some answers.
Tennessee also has two digital P-25 systems in your area. One is Phase I, the other Phase II. Your scanner will not hear those systems.
HTH,
Larry

tricia37185

additional info

we do recieve police/fire brodcasts we wish to recieve but only when we are within a few miles of the station. we live about 13 miles from the station and cannot get a signal at the house. we have turned off the globalattenuate. we updated the library from the software.

tricia37185

bought new antenna

ok.here is where we are at this point. We have bought a new antenna. it is a center-loaded telescoping scanner/ham antenna from radio shack, we have also reset the scanner and started all over again. we reinstalled the software and updated the library. we still get absolutely nothing other than weather at our house. we are approx. 12 miles from town. (waverly tn). when we get within 3 miles of town we get service of everything we want including fire police and rescue. The global Atten is not activated. are there any other suggestions?

Michael-SATX

Tricia, so in addition to NOT seeing either a "G" or "A" or "GA" on your screen ...
It's one thing to have the Global mode on or off and another to have an object attenuated, etc.
Also, tell us where your squelch setting is ? I point mine to my imaginary Pro-107 belt clip (11 o'clock)
Go exchange your (200-0006) center loaded telescoping antenna for the (200-0283) 800 Mhz antenna.
In lQQking at your area public safety communications, the days are numbers for the Pro-107 scanner.
What exactly do you pickup when your near the police station ? Tell us what exact frequency, etc.
I also take it that your iScan SD-Cards Library version is up to date, power on,press menu, lib=3xx.
Also, I would have each city imported to their own "Scanlists" so you could pick and choose what
you wish to hear. Are you even receiving and police, fire or public works frequencies ?
Was your RS Pro-107 new or bought perhaps used and maybe had RX problems that are now yours ?

Status
Not open for further replies.