ISP for chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if the Highway Patrol is using EDACS or Starcom? I found the EDACS for chicago I'm thinking program the channels in the radio and monitor them also. Thanks. I'm coming in July for 2 weeks. Forgot what systems do I have program like north south and central TG's.

Last edited:

illini52

EDACS and a conventional trunked system for the tollways. STARCOM isn't happening in Chicago for the short time future.

N9JIG

Sheriff
bravo14 said:
I was wondering if the Highway Patrol is using EDACS or Starcom? I found the EDACS for chicago I'm thinking program the channels in the radio and monitor them also. Thanks. I'm coming in July for 2 weeks. Forgot what systems do I have program like north south and central TG's.

The State Police uses an EDACS system for all ISP operations in Cook County except the tollroads. Other state agencies in Cook County also use the EDACS system.

The tollway authority has a separate non-trunked 800 MHz. system with 4 Zones, 2 each for police and maintenance.

See http://www.carmachicago.com/profiles.html and download the IL State Radio and the District 15 profiles for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.