• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

ISP Legacy Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many, I enjoy finding interesting/odd things on the radio. I was wondering if anyone around the state ever hears anything on VHF HI and LOW bands anymore. Other than the emergency broadcasts that go over all frequencies.

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
As far as I know ONLY the ISP District Posts have any of the VHF Hi band gear left to monitor Plan A and B. VHF Lo is no longer even installed as far as I know. Mobiles are exclusively SAFE-T, unless an County issues an radio for use on the County system. (In the few counties not using SAFE-T. ) With IDPS being programmed into ISP APXes, and into all the surrounding County's SAFE-T radios we do not even have to hand out loaners. Though EVERYONE has an VHF Hi set up for INDHS EMA.

Last edited:

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
You mean there's still agencies left on Plan A?
Yes there are a couple that use VHF, so they have Plan A/B capabilities though they seem to be going NXDN for primary ops. (Not gonna diss on em... Nope not gonna say a word about being too cheap for their own good etc etc... Just not gonna go there this time.)

Status
Not open for further replies.