ISP Mustangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerk

Anybody know if the new mustang cars are on the "road" yet or when the new ones will hit the highways. And will they be marked or unmarked, or maybe a combination of both?

At least Safe-t will make it easy for them to communicate unlike the last time they had mustangs.

W9NES

In the Indianapolis Dist 52 area they are using Motocycles and I hear them calling the post as "MP" Motor Patrol units" I have not seen any mustangs out on the road.the last mustang is in the Dist 52 ISP museum in Indianapolis at 8500 East 21Street.All I have seen in the Indianapolis Dist 52 area are the Motocycles out on the road working the North and South splits and I-465 around the Indianapolis Metro Area.

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
I read somewhere last week that they were geting 10 unmarked Mustangs. I fugured they would go with the magnum instead of the Mustang. Johnson County has tons of Magnums on the road. Greenwood and Franklin have at least two each that I know of. Franklins are Black and they are unmarked.

W9NES

Thanks for the Update nascargrant.Was not aware that ISP had ordered 10 unmarked Mustangs.Last update I got from Dist 52 ISP was a a while back and was told that the troopers that were doing the Mustang detail were trasnfered over the the "MP Motor Patrol" detail on cycles across the state.If anyone happens to get a picture or finds a link on what the mustangs will look like please share the infomation with the rest of us and post them here.Looks like ISP got a "fleet price on the Mustangs" from Ford vs buying Dodge Magnums.I have a friend of mine who is a Trooper with Kansas Highway Patrol and he likes his Magnum vs the Ford Crown Vic that he was driving for the State of Kansas,

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
W9NES said:
I have a friend of mine who is a Trooper with Kansas Highway Patrol and he likes his Magnum vs the Ford Crown Vic that he was driving for the State of Kansas,

I've never seen a state issue wagons, any pictures?

W9NES

Grog, he does not have a Dodge Magnum wagon.This is a law Enforcement vehicle that was isssued to him by his employer which is The Kansas Highway Patrol.This is a regular 4 door version.I "never said anything about him driving a Station Wagon"!!!

ads47

Premium Subscriber
They are not Magnums, they are Chargers. Magnums are all wagons, check Dodge's site. The only Magnums running around that I know about are Dare vehicles.

ads

GTO_04

Cicero PD has a Magnum which is used for the K-9 unit. A co-worker told me this week that he saw an ISP Charger on I-465.

Is there a newspaper article about new Mustangs? I guess MP can stand for Mustang Patrol in addition to Motorcycle.

GTO_04

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
W9NES said:
Grog, he does not have a Dodge Magnum wagon.This is a law Enforcement vehicle that was isssued to him by his employer which is The Kansas Highway Patrol.This is a regular 4 door version.I "never said anything about him driving a Station Wagon"!!!

You reported a magnum, the only car they call a magnum is the wagon.

If you're going to bother reporting items, report facts.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
GTO_04 said:
Cicero PD has a Magnum which is used for the K-9 unit. A co-worker told me this week that he saw an ISP Charger on I-465.

Is there a newspaper article about new Mustangs? I guess MP can stand for Mustang Patrol in addition to Motorcycle.

GTO_04

They might also use start using the defunct 65 prefix they once had again.

jerk

scannerfreak said:
They might also use start using the defunct 65 prefix they once had again.
Training was this weekend for some of the southern units, so I imagine they'll be on the road soon. They had one run last night and get away from ISP, so I would not be surprised to see one or two in southern Indiana area in their "favorite" speed zone area on I-65.

W9NES

Yes they did have "Special Unit numbers for the Camero's" for ISP. When my brother worked at Dist 52 the camero's had "65" unit numbers and these were assigned to Special operations.We also have a Trooper who was a family friend who worked at Dist 52 who had a camero and his car number started with "65".The Mustangs when they first came out were on low band on 42.260 back to the post had "65" units numbers....

djl998

W9NES said:

Yes you did. A Dodge Magnum is a wagon. You're thinking of a Charger. Don't get all indignant about people not being able to read your mind.

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
The Charger is what I am seeing around here. I'm not sure why I thought Magnum. I's the Charger though. I got to see one up close today. Franklin Police has a white marked Charger.

GTO_04

Here is more on the new Mustang Patrol:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?p=5571235#post5571235

If you click on the flyer link in the forum post you can see a picture of one of them.

Channel 13 had a story on them Thursday 5-22 but I could not find the video online. They showed a nice looking blue one! Than again I am partial to blue LOL!

So what are they going to do for antennas then?

GTO_04

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.