Issue with ID Scan vs. ID Search BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
For whatever reason, I have two trunked systems, both UHF range, that will not function without being set to "ID Search". One system is P25, the other is conventional / Motorola.

On the Motorola system, if I set the system to ID Scan, it simply will not work, and if I select only that system quick key, the scanner says "nothing to scan". It doesn't even know it's there, it's gone. If I set it back to "ID Search", it's fine, and reappears, working normally.

If I turn the setting to ID Scan on the P25 UHF system (local air force base), the scanner says "nothing to scan" and ALL SYSTEMS disappear, as if they were never even in the radio! You can look up at the top and the quick key legend is blank...nothing there anymore. I can avoid or turn off the offending system, but still, the scanner will not function and thinks all other systems are gone, non-existent, and they cannot be scanned. Once I set the setting in the P25 UHF system to "ID Search", everything is back to normal, all other systems reappear.

I believe this is why the P25 UHF trunking system in question for Luke Air Force Base will not work when you just import the system from the RR database, it acts as if it's not there when you try to scan it. If it's the only system QK enabled, the scanner will say nothing to scan. If you change the setting from ID Scan to ID Search, it works. Truly bizarre. How the ID search vs. scan is set in one system has a global impact on all of the scanner programming / systems.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'd check the following:

1. Department(s) containing programmed TGIDs are avoided
2. Department(s) Quick Key(s) turned off
3. Service Types for programmed TGIDs are not active
4. All programmed channels are avoided (not likely, but I'd check)
5. Possibly a Location Control issue as in out of range.

As I understand it and this may be not explained eloquently, ID searching disregards any programming structure you may have and is more or less a search function. When you go to ID Scan, then that programming structure comes back into play and this have to be active.

MFCJR

Also make sure Monitor is on. All service types and Custom 1 are on.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Also make sure Monitor is on. All service types and Custom 1 are on.

Thanks. In the end, it was having all service types (not) enabled. Without "military" and "utilities" enabled for the air force base and the utility company, once you go to "scan" instead of "search" all goes black...thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.