Issues again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgowen44

Feed Provider
Hi all

I noticed a large drop this morning (probably like 4 am or so. Pacific tone. Also, I notice an hour missing on the stats log

Bill1426

For me the issue is audio3. I restart the feed, and wait a few minutes, and when I check the audio feed, it can't connect (I've tried, Media Player, Flash player, etc.) So I have stopped my feed for now.
And a few hours ago, I've also noticed that if I try to listen to other feeds (audio1 & 9), I am getting a request for a password from the server..

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I think there was a slight network hick-up in one of the data centers that hosts our audio servers early this morning. It cleared up pretty quickly by itself.

Here are the current stats for our master audio servers. There are no anolmolies to report. There is not any abnormal amount of feeds offline on either of the 3 servers.

Folks, streaming is hard. There are a lot of things that can go wrong between our servers and your devices. Especially when it comes to last mile delivery of the content. Stuff happens. Be patient.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-02-15 12.03.27.png
    Screenshot 2018-02-15 12.03.27.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 212

Chronic

Why cant audio 3 be fixed , it has had issues for a very very long time , it is the most unreliable server on broadcastify . Why is that ?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Why cant audio 3 be fixed , it has had issues for a very very long time , it is the most unreliable server on broadcastify . Why is that ?

I think you are succumbing to a confirmation bias. audio3 over the years has been on 3 different servers. It's been built from scratch twice (just like the other audio servers).

audio1 and audio3 shared the same failover server during different points in their lives.

It's either a coincidence or confirmation bias by certain folks. I have a LOT of feeds that cover all three master servers and I've not seen any trends to ever indicate that one server is better than the other.

NFR85

Having problems now. Cleared all my cookies history, Different browsers and PCs and load up and X. Only works on cellphone. No issues with feeds being offline.

NFR85

Having problems now. Cleared all my cookies history, Different browsers and PCs and load up and X. Only works on cellphone. No issues with feeds being offline.

I use Real-player Winamp get this error message. And all the feeds have this X on it.

Attachments

• Capture 6.jpg
    Capture 6.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.