Issues Downloading and Updating Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
I hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving. I am having issues updating the database in Sentinel. After downloading Sentinel, I get a message saying "Reconstructing full database failed." And then where I have the program downloaded (C: drive) it says the path is denied. I've never had an issue like this on previous computers. Please help me. Thank you.

AKJohnny

Scanner Addict
Premium Subscriber
I hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving. I am having issues updating the database in Sentinel. After downloading Sentinel, I get a message saying "Reconstructing full database failed." And then where I have the program downloaded (C: drive) it says the path is denied. I've never had an issue like this on previous computers. Please help me. Thank you.

Have you tried running Sentinel as the Administrator? You can right click on the Sentinel shortcut and choose "Run as Administrator" or make sure you are logged into your computer as an administrator. I believe only a computer admin can make changes in the folder being accessed.

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I am the administrator. I'll try to do that but I know for fact the account I'm using is admin

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Can anyone please help me? Upman?

It's been over a week and still no luck

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Delete Sentinel..

On your hard drive go to c:\users\all users\uniden
and delete the Sentinel folder there..

Re-install Sentinel.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
"Path denied" is the result of a permissions error. You should be able to "Run as Administrator"

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried created a whole new folder using Windows Explorer, one that isn't in your Users directory? Then be sure that everyone, not just an administrator has access to the folder.

After doing the above, in Sentinel, go to Tools>Options and select this new folder for your Sentinel file locations.

While the Sentinel database is in a whole different folder as mentioned above, this might be worth a shot in the dark.

Another think I'd check is permissions for that folder where Sentinel data is located. You may have something set strangely.

(Guess great minds think some thoughts the same, Upman was writing as I was)

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
So good news. I was able to fix the issue. I had to right click on the icon on the desktop and hit "troubleshoot compatibility" and run the diagnostics. It found the issue, which said the service pack was wrong. It corrected the issue and now I can use it. Thanks for all the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.