ITAC and SCTAC freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescuecomm

I have been monitoring the 800Mhz conventional repeaters that the state has put up in the Greenville area. One keyed up the other day, but otherwise I hear no traffic at all on them. Does anyone else monitor and hear comms on these channels?

LarrySC

The system is statewide. SLED was using the Greenville repeater today Mon afternoon. Not used every day or week, BUT, if somethings up you'll know it. I use these freqs between Pal800 towers on all my programs.

qball

Premium Subscriber
rescuecomm,

the itacs/sctacs are used as mutual aid channels or in case of trunked system failure. so, i wouldn't expect to hear much on these channels unless there is a large event or big problem.

bpalmer

Keep in mind That ITAC will all soon be NPSPAC and 15MHz lower to allow for the Nextel conversion.

You may hear an occasional test on ITAC. That is the only time I have heard it used here it in the Lowcountry, except when some SCHP guy thought he was on a channel scanner listeners couldn't mointor.

Also check for National emergency frequencies in your area, you will need the FCC database, find the service code for national emergency and dig.

Last edited:

drsouth

rescuecomm said:
Anyone monitored usage of the VTAC or UTAC freqs in South Carolina?

I have been listening to them here in the low country, and have not heard anything. Not even tones...

But as to the SCTAC and ITAC.. I hear callsign morse on ITAC 866.0125 down here every so many minutes.
And have heard an unknown County Dispatcher talking to a SCHP Lee Dispatcher on Monday and Yues this week about getting assistance on I-20 over SCTAC 866.5125.

Last edited:

rescuecomm

Vtac and Utac

We were on a EMS backup call that involved law enforcement last week. The subject that was injured ran away and we had to do a quick search. I had the LE frequency in my Icom F40 to monitor their comms but would have been nice to switch to UTac1 and get a description of the subject. I guess I need to go through the proper channels to find out if the group in question has the UTac freqs programmed. EMS/Rescue is on VHF, the LE agency is on UHF. I just about will bet the farm that they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.