IU Health TRSs

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
I believe that all the IU Health System Hospitals have now converted all of the TRSs in use from LTR to MotoTRBO systems. As well as shutting down the old LTR one in INDY.

I also have reason to believe that the MotoTRBO one I have listed for IUPUI is actually the one for IU Health University and Riley. There are not enough freqs to have enough slots for all the IU Health facilities users in INDY, so there has to be other systems in place also. IU Health North has its own TRS, IU Health West has its own, as well as other IU Health facilites around the state. All Public Safety for the Indy IU Health facilities are on the IDPS (IUPD, IU Health Security, all ER/EDs.) I will try to do some monitoring to see if I hear any LTR, but I am strongly convinced I will only hear DMR buzzing....

Viper43

IU downtown and North both use the same DMR system as before. However some departments use their own radios or phone system. The LTR has been down for a long time. Like 4 months.

Viper43

Well this is interesting! Turns out the IU LTR system IS still active. Just heard a transmission on it, first in months!

INDY72

Okay will revive it tonight after work

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

INDY72

OK got that one back up... And from a friend at IU North, it wont be live too much longer.... Supposed to be offlined by Summer 2017. Everyone is supposed to be on the new XPR HTs by then. IU Methodist, Riley, University are on Conventional DMR on XPRs. The other IU health facilities should all also be on Conventional DMR except IU West in Hendricks. There is talk of putting up another TRS downtown for the IU Health system there since there are at least 8 facilities in the downtown area. IU University, Methodist, Riley, Saxony, and the other clinics and Former Clarion Facilities... Then there is IU North, Riley at IU North, IU West, and the Rehab at IU West......

Last edited by a moderator:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
IU Health Saxony is not downtown. It's at I-69 Exit 210 in Fishers/Noblesville. The IU Health North and IU Health Saxony facilities people cross back and forth between the two facilities...or they did when Saxony was new.

INDY72

Still the point is that with at least 5 actual hospital facilities, and clinics all over Indy, they really do need an TRS as it would be more cost effective than all the systems they have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.