Jackson County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdamm

Does anyone know what happened to the Jackson County Sheriff central dispatch F1? I havent heard anything on it in days.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Jackson Co is in the planning stages for replacement, in the next few years they will either move to MPSCS or implement a county-wide analog system (likely based on Ingham Co's success.)

bdamm

Well, I dont know about dead, and granted I havent had alot of time to listen, but since Sat. I havent heard anything. Obviously this was a pretty busy channel and so something happened.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
They just dispatched a call on 154.7250 MHz. Apparently, they are using this as their dispatch frequency for right now? Maybe 155.5950 MHz is down for maintenance?

73's

Ron

Thunderbolt

I have been listening to 154.7250 MHz, for the last two hours and all of their dispatch activity has been on this frequency. In fact, they just dispatched a PI down in Pulaski Twp. That being said, I don't know if this is a permanent move or a temporary one, due to equipment issues on 155.5950 MHz?

73's

Ron

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what happened to F-1 155.595 since last Thurday most part of the evening all it did was has some very bad and strange noises for hours, since then they have been useing LEIN 154.725 for all Central Dispatch calls..

Thunderbolt

KD8BER said:
Not sure what happened to F-1 155.595 since last Thurday most part of the evening all it did was has some very bad and strange noises for hours, since then they have been useing LEIN 154.725 for all Central Dispatch calls..

From what I hear it might be the result of a lightning strike.

73's

Ron

markiss666

well they been testing it all day and driving around testing to see how far it picks them up they got as far as monroe at one point last i knew don't quote me though

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Heard them most of the evening driving around the county doing the radio testing, they were finding some dead spots.

KC8NIY

So what's up with Jackson Fire now? They sound like they're off frequency by 2-3KHz

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering the same thing, has been like that for the last couple of days now..

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Actually sounds better than ever up here, not sure why...

Thunderbolt

Fire Dispatch sounds really horrible over here where I live. I wonder if they have gone narrowband or their transmitter is out of alignment? When the base transmits, it sounds like they have a towel over the microphone, with a lot of deviation.

73's

Ron

Thunderbolt

Just listening to Summit Twp. FD out on a call, it sounds like they are simulcasting off more than one tower at a time. I am hearing one repeater drop before the other. Sounds like they may have made some modifications to their transmitters?

73's

Ron

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Must have been it - I was in the newsroom yesterday wondering what agency was transmitting because it sounded like Jackson Co but was coming in too clear to be ;>

rcvmo

jackson County Fire sounds horrible in A2. You can actually hear the heterodyne beats once in a while. Yes they do sound like they're transmitting on 2 towers at the same time like St. Clair County FD is.
rcvmo

Status
Not open for further replies.