Jacksonville, Duval county Area Request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonian149

I would like to encourage anyone the the Jacksonville, Duval County area to seriously consider running the software PlanePlotter. All you need is an inexpensive R820T SDR dongle, an antenna for ADS-B (homebrew or purchased $40) some coax, connectors and a computer of course. There are some interesting things that can be tracked locally and with only a couple more people doing it we can cover most of duval and surrounding areas. I live in east central duval, so it would be nice to have some coverage in the North, West and South of duval. The setup of PlanePlotter is a little bit of work, but there are excellent tutorials online to get you up and running. There is also a great PlanePlotter Yahoo group that has lots of help available from many users. Please consider doing it if you have any interest at all in the monitoring of local aircraft.--Gary

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I agree. I've been a Planeplotter user for the past few years now and enjoy it. I'm in the process of putting up my feed again here in Central Georgia after my first DPD ADS-B antenna was damaged by a local remodel company crew member.I live close to a major Military air base and I pick up mostly Commercial, Military, EMS/Med Flights at the time when I had my Planeplotter feed up. Bev the owner of Planeplotter is a great person and very knowledge when it comes to Planeplotter and help when you need it.

zonian149

Since posting the thread, I have not seen any JSO activity on planeplotter, so I must assume I made a big mistake in my posting this information and that they monitor this forum. I have asked for it to be taken down, but it is still up. Next time I will know to keep my mouth shut--very dumb on my part.

kc8dhx

Premium Subscriber
I am looking into if I can put my raspberry pi with on the roof of our office building to feed. We are right under the flight line for JAX NAS so I'd probably get good data. No need to take it down we need more feeds is what it's coming down to.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

zonian149

Thanks for the encouragement. That would be great to have another station in Jax. I don't get very good coverage in southern duval and western duval.

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but just moved into orange park and have been running ADBS for a while. Why plane plotter? Its one of the few I dont run. I do feed several other adbs systems. I need to adjust my antenna to get the low stuff from NASJAX but Ive been getting the jets past few nights after they come around after take off.

Status
Not open for further replies.