Jacksonville FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

don333

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the JFD was going to encrypt their radio system. Has this happened yet? I'll be in Jacksonville the end of the month and was wondering if I should even bother taking my scanner. Also, do they still simulcast on 460.575? Thanks.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the JFD was going to encrypt their radio system. Has this happened yet? I'll be in Jacksonville the end of the month and was wondering if I should even bother taking my scanner. Also, do they still simulcast on 460.575? Thanks.

They have not encrypted yet and they still simulcast as far as I know.

northscan23

I think the Jacksonville FD decision to encrypt their radio traffic is another "overeaction" to the HIPPA law. What I understand is that the federal law does not require fire/ ems to encrypt their radio traffic. In most cases the general rule is that the amubalances should not air certain things abouth the patient(name, socieal security number). The Jacksonvillle media should stop sitting around and take legal action against the fire and sheriff department. What if a major incident occurs in Jackosnville and the public and media are not informed until a couple of hours or even days after it occurs. People will be asking "Why were we not informed about this just after it happened?"

abbadabbado

secret police in florida

pretty soon in florida all pol an f r will be enc my opinion only cell phone scanners are partly the blame also pol want to cover up a lot is this enough CHANGE for everybody just my opinion

exportdawg

I think the Jacksonville FD decision to encrypt their radio traffic is another "overeaction" to the HIPPA law. What I understand is that the federal law does not require fire/ ems to encrypt their radio traffic. In most cases the general rule is that the amubalances should not air certain things abouth the patient(name, socieal security number). The Jacksonvillle media should stop sitting around and take legal action against the fire and sheriff department. What if a major incident occurs in Jackosnville and the public and media are not informed until a couple of hours or even days after it occurs. People will be asking "Why were we not informed about this just after it happened?"

Well, if they are basing the decision to encrypt on HIPPA Concerns, that would mean every unit on JFRD that is not responsible for the Patient care of the call or on the call should not be able to listen to the same transmissions. The units not assigned to the call are no different than the everyday citizen.

HIPPA should be applied ONLY to Hospital Communications (Med Report) imo...

Skyhammer

Premium Subscriber
yeah your right there hopefully it will stay that way ........Nassau F/R 800mhz is still uncrypted also too bad both are Digital ...:( not really much around that isnt besides Camden its still all analog .....do you know of anything around the area that analog trunked ....

M-

exportdawg

yeah your right there hopefully it will stay that way ........Nassau F/R 800mhz is still uncrypted also too bad both are Digital ...:( not really much around that isnt besides Camden its still all analog .....do you know of anything around the area that analog trunked ....

M-

I think you can still get St. Johns County F/R and SO . I guess it depends on where you are located in Duval.

Skyhammer

Premium Subscriber
cool Ill check it out next time I come down to duval my base is actually in Nassau so maybe ill get lucky .......

Status
Not open for further replies.