• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Jaguar 725M Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
I have a remote mount Jaguar 725M. On power up it reads "Power up self test". Then it reads Go to EEB. The blank screen when in programming mode is consistent with a previous thread.
Programming starts but doesn't finish. What is EEB? Do I need to figure out a DSB code for it? I don't get to see any features info when I push the menu button on the control head which is a system version for an Orion.

Muxlow

Super Secret
You got this from a guy on ebay for 30 bucks didnt you?
I got one too.

Has some good options in it. Aegis, Provoice and P25CAI and has EDACS ESK.
You wont be able to read the pers file, i couldnt with RPM so i just made up a new pers file for that radio and programmed it in and now the radio works fine n dandy

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Yes that's it exactly.

So will it work on Conventional P25 or just trunking? and yes I wasn't able to read the pers file. Were you able to program it with Programmer?

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Conventional P25 will do me fine right now as well as EDACS.

I bought it because I thought I could use Version 18 Programmer. Is that why I get the Go to EEB message?

Muxlow

Super Secret
No, they guy who programmed it last put that in there
I had the same one on my radio too.

If you want.. you could send it down to me and i can load in what you want and mail er back. Im in ontario

snoopyII

Then it reads Go to EEB. The blank screen when in programming mode is consistent with a previous thread.
Programming starts but doesn't finish. What is EEB?.

EEB has nothing to do with Harris M/A Com. EEB is Electronics Engineering Bureau. It's a tell tale sign that the radio came from the City/County of Denver, Colorado. EEB is the department responsible for all off the city's radio communication's amongst other things. The "go to EEB" is their "blank" personality that they load into all radios that are to be sold off at surplus auction. Also, depending on when the radio was released from service, most likely it was last touched by RPM. Denver does keep up with RPM updates, I just bought a P7100 a month or so ago, and it was last touched by (RPM) R9. If you want to use ProGrammer R18, you will have to go ahead with the roll back procedure. You will also have to roll back the radio code, the DSP should be fine.

Last edited:

praxidike

Premium Subscriber
Just ordered one of these *probably* from the same guy ya'll have. Does anyone have the latest flash code files for these?

Muxlow

Super Secret
I do

Updated mine few days ago

Tried to TX on a P25 conventional channel i made.. Does yours work? Mine transmitts but i dont get voice going thru, tried 2 mic's and nothing. Does RC fine thou!

praxidike

Premium Subscriber
I haven't received mine yet. I'm super glad I waited to get a Provoice radio though. I've been holding onto this control head I've had for awhile, and will be able to put it to use =) You said you couldn't use R18 to program it though? The link for the downgrade process is gone now, so I'll have to find someone to guide me through it. By the way, what's the latest date on the flash code if you know?

Last edited:

praxidike

Premium Subscriber
Thank you

Thank you for the link. I missed it when I was looking before. Has anyone who've received the J725M from ebay notice any two RED dots on the front? What do these mean?

Thank you,

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
When I saw the eBay photo I thought there were lights. When I got one they almost seem like nail polish markings. I guess Denver PD EEB would know. Perhaps a way of marking radios as to what they are capable of.

praxidike

Premium Subscriber
Interesting. Maybe a way to let others know "I'm going to auction!" :) Awesome. Well, I got my radio in today, just waiting for a few more parts (flex cable for my Orion head, accessory cable, speaker and cover to convert from remote mount to front).

I've got the personality ready to rock. Should be a smooth transition I hope. Does anyone have the older flash codes and DSP by chance so I can put these in when I downgrade to Programmer from RPM?

Thank you

praxidike

Premium Subscriber
Will do if i can get the flash files. :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.